Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi Everyone!

AwkwardHipster_5AwkwardHipster_5 Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
Hey! I am Stevie and I'm 18 years old. 

I've got a diagnosis of Generalised Anxiety, Clinical Depression, Anorexia Nervosa and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The full package! 

My favourite colour is green and I'm obsessed by the countryside. One day, I'd like to live in the mountains and have a little farm with a beautiful english country style garden. 

I'm heterosexual but I've never been in a relationship because I am absolutely terrified by men. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! Great fear to have, right? 😂 Over the years, I have been sexually assaulted and harassed multiple times. It has been commented that I am apparently a 'trophy style girlfriend' but my personality is too dull and I am painfully shy. When I was at my smallest weight, I was approached scouted by a modelling agency but didn't end up calling the agency back due to being admitted to mental health services. 

I love languages. At the moment, I can speak German, French, Russian, Welsh and Greenlandic. My German fluency level is intermediate and my French, Welsh and Greenlandic is basic conversational. Currently, I am learning Russian and I thoroughly enjoy it. Some people find it harsh but I think it is a beautiful language. To me, Russian sounds very romantic. 

I'm obsessed with performing arts and adore reading poetry, classic fiction, screenplays and hidden gems amongst the many fantastic plays. My favourite genre of film is romantic period drama however I dislike Jane Austin novels. I'm a Bronte Sisters' girl. Having a mixture of darkness and sadness with a strong romantic storyline definitely engages the audience. If I could go back in time, I would either like to be a victorian aristocrat or a land girl in WW1 or WW2. History is another passion of mine and I thoroughly enjoy investigating historical scandals in my spare time. 

I'm an animal lover. I've got a cat which I absolutely adore. Throughout my recovery, he has been so helpful. Just being able to sit and cuddle my cat has allowed me to release a lot of the stress and anxiety. 

One day, I would like to run a charity as well as raise a family and have a successful career. Ideally, I would like to adopt a disabled child from a improvised country or war zone. But, I would also like to adopt from the UK social services system too. It is unlikely that I'll be able to carry my own children due to Anorexia Nervosa. Personally, I don't think I could handle the pain of exploring IVF, Surrogate and Sperm Donors. I'd like to help the children that are still here. Recently, I watched a documentary on the nuclear effects on childbirth in Kazakhstan. Many children are born with disabilities, 'deformities', learning difficulties and stunted growth. They are abandoned and left in overcrowded children's homes that cannot cope with the amount of residents. They try there best to help but they cannot invest valuable time in all of the children's mental development. It saddens me deeply. 

I am a self described 'quirky fashionista' and enjoy shopping for strange, wonderful clothing and accessories. I'm a fan of the 1960s Flower Power style as well as the rock 'n' roll style of Siouxsie Sioux in the 1980s. Occasionally, I opt for the traditional 1950s - early 1960s look that was model beautifully by some of my musical idols- e.g. Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin, Doris Day, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holliday, Etta James and Peggy Lee. Sometimes, I fantasise about becoming a lounge singer and belting about the jazz hits all night long. Currently, I have restarted my singing lessons and aiming for my Grade 8 singing. Unfortunately, I haven't sang in ages so my vocal range has weaken. Super annoying but it happens. 

That sums me up! I'm not too complex apart from all the mental illnesses 😂 Ooo.... and I forgot to mention that I am Dyslexic. That is the cherry on top of the cake. 

That's me 😁Xxx

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    You sound like an awesome person! 

I'm currently studying English literature at uni with theatre studies on the side. My favourite novel on the course so far is definitely Great Expectations. I loved it. I don't mind Jane Austen but I think she's very weird! I'm also not a major fan of Shakespeare - I think his stuff is overrated which is definitely an unpopular opinion. I think he's just studied so much in the UK that people say they like him but maybe don't. I'm not sure! 

That's also amazing you want to adopt in the future. I'd like to become a foster parent in the future. 

Welcome to the mix! 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.