Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey!

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
Hey guys! I'm Emma, the new Youth Participation Officer at The Mix. I'll be working to organise different opportunities for young people as well as monitoring the boards and chat. I'm not new to The Mix though, I've been part of the Youth Voice Panel for a couple of years, making sure young people are heard within the charity and society. I aim to continue advocating this while in this role. 

I'm pretty new to the boards and chats so bare with me whilst I explore it all! Keep an eye out for some new threads I'll be putting out, popping up over the next few weeks. 

You'll see me around more, don't be shy to say hi! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! =)

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Emma_ said:
    Hey guys! I'm Emma, the new Youth Participation Officer at The Mix. I'll be working to organise different opportunities for young people as well as monitoring the boards and chat. I'm not new to The Mix though, I've been part of the Youth Voice Panel for a couple of years, making sure young people are heard within the charity and society. I aim to continue advocating this while in this role. 

I'm pretty new to the boards and chats so bare with me whilst I explore it all! Keep an eye out for some new threads I'll be putting out, popping up over the next few weeks. 

You'll see me around more, don't be shy to say hi! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! =)
    Hi Emma welcome to the boards ☺️
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Welcome to the boards @Emma_ :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2020
    Welcome to the community @Emma_! Just a heads up everyone that Emma will also be responding to PMs and posting under @The Mix account from time to time. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    eddieeddie Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi,
    I am Eddie, an internet freak and introvert dude with the least knowledge. I am quiet but have thunder laughs in my mind. I hope this community will accept me the way I am!
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! And welcome @eddie , the community are a lovely and accepting group of people so I'm sure you can have a look around and find your feet. There will probably be people with the same interests as you too!

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Belated welcome Emma hope you settle in fine I'm sure you will it's an awesome community to be in as I'm sure you know! :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey! Welcome to the boards :) 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Heya @Emma_ welcome!
    Hope you’re enjoying it!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley