Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

September photo challenge

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2020
    Better than a candle

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Better than a candle

That's not a candle!
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie What is it?
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @Shaunie What is it?

It's a electric wax melt thing.
    But not a candle!
    Eyepatch said:
    Day 16-I searched my photos for candles, this was the only result 😂

This made me chuckle!
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea Ah I see, well it kinda looks like a candle!
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea Ah I see, well it kinda looks like a candle!

But it's not a candle ;)
    Maybe I'll as wax melts to a different monthly challenge!
    edited September 2020
    It’s an alternative. @Eleanor

they’re safer cause not fire just use heat from the light bulb under neath 

basically a candle 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:
    Better than a candle

That's not a candle!
    Haha I know. I said it’s better than candle

but yeah similar so posted
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Yesterday! I forgot to do it :lol:

Liam said:
    Yesterday! I forgot to do it :lol:

Cute!
    @Liam ahh it's alright if it's late! You still contributed!
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    17- Pets! Looking forward to seeing pictures of all your adorable animal friends :) Here’s the Gang, although technically the dragon isn’t mine, I just have a job dragon-sitting her :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @Eyepatch
    Sooo cuuuute! But dragon-sitting sounds like the COOLEST job ever :lol:

Steve ❤️

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster

My two rabbits and my adopted uni cat
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    ITS LOUIEEEEEE

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Bella and her chewy which is the only thing that will calm her right now Ha

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl

Eyepatch said:
    17- Pets! Looking forward to seeing pictures of all your adorable animal friends :) Here’s the Gang, although technically the dragon isn’t mine, I just have a job dragon-sitting her :) 

Absolutely love your range of animals
    Great photos all.
    Can I do next month? 
    We have next month's volunteer already, sorry. 
    oh who?
    I asked a member of the community near the start of the month and they are interested in doing it. Sorry.
    Yeah Who?

Can't find pet picture so here's a sloth from last year at a wildlife conservation park
    Ok then
    I've messaged the mix the next few months plan for photo challenge. Leaving it at that. Take care 
    18- Something white