Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I’m back!

2»

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    Sorry to hear about your parents. 
    What type of dementia do they have?
    Early onset 

Aggression and violence don't present in early onset.. it shows a lot later on..
    Sorry got it wrong I don’t know what type but it’s a late one 

Early onset and late stages are extremely different... I'm confused at how you got that mixed up.. if they are in late stages, they should be in a dementia residential home. 
  • Options
    pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    Early onset 

Aggression and violence don't present in early onset.. it shows a lot later on..

Early onset and late stages are extremely different... I'm confused at how you got that mixed up.. if they are in late stages, they should be in a dementia residential home. 
    Sorry I just did well we are trying to get them in one but none taking on new ones 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,618 Legendary Poster
    Given your age, im guessing this dementia set in quite young for your parents? That's really sad, I hope you find them a residential soon if that's what's best for them. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    Early onset 

Sorry I just did well we are trying to get them in one but none taking on new ones 

Lots of places have emergency rooms for severe cases. They normally get moved in really quickly.
    Had experience with all this. My nan died of Alzheimers.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    It may be hard but keep looking for places :) it may be you have to at ones outside your area but I know for a lot of places there starting to open up slowly and I know for my company  they Bassically do 2 weeks self isolation when they get to the home then they are free to roam around <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Given your age, im guessing this dementia set in quite young for your parents? That's really sad, I hope you find them a residential soon if that's what's best for them. 
    Yes it’s sad and thanks 
  • Options
    It may be hard but keep looking for places :) it may be you have to at ones outside your area but I know for a lot of places there starting to open up slowly and I know for my company  they Bassically do 2 weeks self isolation when they get to the home then they are free to roam around <3
    Ok that’s why we are scared because of the virus 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It's quite concerning that you're being left with parents who have quite advanced neurodegenerative diseases, especially at such a young age. That doesn't sound like a very safe situation to me and it sounds like a safeguarding issue. 

@pandalover200 To be completely honest with you, I think you need some additional help beyond the boards. Perhaps on a 1-2-1 basis to alleviate the need to be dishonest so that you can get help for your depression, anxiety, and your home situation. 

Are you receiving any kind of additional help?

• Options
    It's quite concerning that you're being left with parents who have quite advanced neurodegenerative diseases, especially at such a young age. That doesn't sound like a very safe situation to me and it sounds like a safeguarding issue. 

@pandalover200 To be completely honest with you, I think you need some additional help beyond the boards. Perhaps on a 1-2-1 basis to alleviate the need to be dishonest so that you can get help for your depression, anxiety, and your home situation. 

Are you receiving any kind of additional help?

Yes don’t worry I have therapists and doctors  but I really love the mix  but  Now  maybe need to be quiet on the mix for awhile 
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2020
    @pandalover200 There's no need to be quiet here ❤️ You're just as welcome as everyone else is!

It sounds like your having a tough time at the moment, do you want to tell us what especially is hard for you at the moment? Perhaps thats about your parents or school or something else 😊

We are here to support you no matter what, this is a safe environment for you to seek peer support! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Welcome back @pandalover200

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your parents, it's a crying shame to know that they have dementia. 

You deserve all of the support that you can get and so i'm glad that you're reaching out.

We care about you and we're glad to see you back.

Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Echo the others, you don't need to be quiet here and you are most definitely deserving of support. I was just thinking that maybe you might benefit from some additional help to make sure that your needs are met.
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @pandalover200 There's no need to be quiet here ❤️ You're just as welcome as everyone else is!

It sounds like your having a tough time at the moment, do you want to tell us what especially is hard for you at the moment? Perhaps thats about your parents or school or something else 😊

We are here to support you no matter what, this is a safe environment for you to seek peer support! 
    Ok thanks parents school depression and anxiety 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Welcome back @pandalover200

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your parents, it's a crying shame to know that they have dementia. 

You deserve all of the support that you can get and so i'm glad that you're reaching out.

We care about you and we're glad to see you back.

Sending hugs <3
    Thanks buddy 
  • Options
    Echo the others, you don't need to be quiet here and you are most definitely deserving of support. I was just thinking that maybe you might benefit from some additional help to make sure that your needs are met.
    Ok I do have real life help too 
    thanks