Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

having boundaries or leaving your comfort zone ?

MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
Hi all. Been thinking about this recently. When we set boundaries we set them usually according to what we're comfortable doing. 
So how can we leave our comfort zone if we have strict boundaries?
Wouldn't being flexible with boundaries defeat the purpose of having them? Or show people you set them with that you're not serious about enforcing them if you bend them in order to leave your comfort zone ?? 
Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    It really depends on what we're talking about here - is this something that is variable, or more black-and-white? What's the topic? Without more context it's hard to really say!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2020
    Azziman said:
    It really depends on what we're talking about here - is this something that is variable, or more black-and-white? What's the topic? Without more context it's hard to really say!x
    I agree with @Azziman here. If it's something like self-care, having stricter boundaries can be important for making sure you're living an emotionally sustainable life. If it's something to do with your professional or social life for example, being able to stretch those boundaries can be healthy. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.