Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hello <3

anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
edited August 2020 in Introduce Yourself
heya im liz! i have actually already made a post but thought i should introduce myself cuz why not :)
you'll probably see a lot of random rambles from me in the early hours so pre apologies for that 😭 I look forward to getting immersed in this community; u all seem super nice ❤

whilst you're here, remember --> drink some water, release the tension from your face and that you're never alone!!!!

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Liz welcome to mix! :)

We also have live group chats every night if you're interested 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello!
    Welcome to the mix :) 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Liz welcome to the community <3 glad you’ve found us
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, Liz! Rambles are always welcome and I just realised I actually was holding tension in my face, hahah.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community @anonymous334! It's lovely to have you here <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
    hey i hope u dont replying to u all in the same comment!! 
    @Laine thank you for letting me know! what's discussed in the group chats- are they general or focused on specific topics?  <3

@GreenTea @independent_ @Eleanor thank u guys for the warm welcome 😭❤ 

@Mike I'm always holding tension in my face too without even realising haha. thank you!! 

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    There's a general chat for general chitchat really you can meet new people,

Support chat is where you can support with a range of topics.

There's also Young carers(support for young carers)  under 16s support(for under 16s to get support and hang) and 

Circle like support chat but smaller a group of 4 :)

The list for this week is here https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3597128/group-chats-this-week-sunday-2nd-saturday-8th

(With exception of u16s as thats every second Saturday so next week x)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @anonymous334 I will be on general chat tonight from 8pm if you want to come along ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    Hello Liz, welcome to the community! I hope that you have a lovely time here with The Mix. <3
  • anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
    @MilsyRose @Azziman thank you guys 🥺 I love both of ur profile pics btw!!! ❤❤
  • MilsyRoseMilsyRose Posts: 198 Trailblazer
    @MilsyRose @Azziman thank you guys 🥺 I love both of ur profile pics btw!!! ❤❤
    You are absolutely more than welcome. It is always a delight to meet new people! Thank you so much, I like yours too! :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Liz! welcome <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley