Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Playlist Challenge Suggestions Thread 🎼

Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
edited March 2020 in General Chat
Hey everyone, 

So we have decided that it would be a good idea to give you lot a place to share ideas for the playlist challenge each month!

We will then pick one which will be the next playlist challenge and so on ☺️

Look forward to hearing your suggestions!!

- Jade 

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Post edited by Jade09 on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Christmas for December please!
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    @GreenTea That would be awesome!  ☃️🎼
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    'Excercise' to help in the gym, or for sport,

'Changes' in time for New Years and resolutions. 

Friendship
    Weekender Offender 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Romance for February due to Valentines Day!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Love this @Kasa2103

A throwback playlist would be fun!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Love this @Kasa2103

A throwback playlist would be fun!

Thank you. 
    Ooo yes that does sound like a good idea. I already have a song idea for that one.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Everyone is coming up with some awesome ideas that we will definitely have to use! 

Thank you 😊 
    Keep the ideas coming everyone! They are brill! 
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    How about a studying playlist to get everyone through the dreaded exams and coursework?
    Definitely! I need that for January for my exams. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    2010's
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Have we done a recovery song one yet? I've lost track 🙈😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo We have made one that represents feeling strong previously, but we haven't specifically done a recovery one but awesome idea! 

@Shaunie Definitely a cool year for music! thank you for the suggestion.  :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Jade09 said:

@Shaunie Definitely a cool year for music! thank you for the suggestion.  :)
    I meant the decade ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie Sorry about that! Still would be a cool idea  :) Thank you for telling me what you meant.
    Throwback!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Aidan said:
    Mambo No. 5 was number 1 when I was born, I feel old :joy:

I was studying for my A Levels when that was number 1.
    Soft Cell - Tinted Love was number 1 when I was born. Now that’s old. Lol
    Weekender Offender 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    How about a 'Chill' playlist, one to wind down to? 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    'songs that saved my life' playlist :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Songs that help you focus might be nice. Whether that's focusing on work, study, chores, or even something like a video game. Like 'immersion' or 'deep focus' or something. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    -Best summer vibes-
    Songs you use on the way to the beach, the BBQ with friends. Those tunes that put you on the summery set 

Musicals
    These are some awesome new suggestions for future playlist challenges thank you!  :)
    Before the 2000's
    Jade09 said:
    These are some awesome new suggestions for future playlist challenges thank you!  :)

Can the next one be summer vibes? As it is almost the summer holidays!!
    Pleaseee
    @GreenTea yes! that sounds like a plan! thank you for suggesting  <3