Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I'm making a well-being blog! Would love your thoughts ♡

coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
Hiii everyone! 

I have decided that due to this time in between finishing uni and starting my masters, I would like to launch a blog/website. I am going to be studying 'psychological well-being and mental health' from September so I have decided a well-being blog is what I would like to do - something I am passionate about, but that will also support me with my future studies! I've been brainstorming some ideas today of what I would like to include, will share some of my current ideas here. But I was just wondering, does anybody else have any feedback of what they might like to see/find helpful on a blog like this? I want it to be a place that people can turn to whatever their mood, and feel relaxed, grounded, and like they have had a positive impact when they click off 

Some of my current ideas are:

- A calm corner. I want this to be a corner of the blog that people can turn to when they are feeling panicked and would like to calm down. I will include breathing exercises, grounding methods, links to further support, links to bitesize yoga or meditation flows that you can quickly practice on the go, positive quotes etc. I will also include recommendations for more general helpful tools, including wellness book recommendations, podcast recommendations etc. 
- A section dedicated to fitness, yoga and meditation. I want to discuss what they are, the psychological benefits of fitness and mindfulness etc, and then include playlists of my favourite flows and workouts and what they are good for etc. 
- Feel good recipes, including smoothies, frozen yoghurt, fruity snacks etc 
- A section about positive psychology, what it is and sharing the things I learn on my course 
- Guest interviews 

These are some of my ideas so far! If anybody has any other ideas of what they would find helpful, I would absolutely love to hear them! thank you xx

Comments

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @coc0mac I absolutely love this! I think this will be a great resource for people to turn too and I can't wait to see what you will do with it! 

The only other thing I can think of it to perhaps include some self-care techniques? 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Love this! I agree with self care maybe a self care corner full of ways people can practice self care easily :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    thank you so much both of you, really means a lot! @Eleanor @Laine

i absolutely love the idea of a self care corner, will be sure to include that! thank you X 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. That's a really good idea thing to do! You could add a self care box/recovery box/sensory box. (They're called all Sorts.) this thread explains it what people put in it. https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3593287/self-soothing-self-care-boxes#latest 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I really love this idea @coc0mac, I reckon that’ll be helpful to a lot of people.

My mind has gone blank on new ideas but I really like the ones you have already got there, especially the calm corner - I’d find that useful :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited June 2020
    thank you so much @Shaunie and @independent_

thank you for the thread link @Shaunie, going to have a read now as that sounds super helpful! i appreciate it x
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @coc0mac

This is such a lovely idea, it sounds like you've got some fab ideas on how you would like it to be. Great stuff, you can really tell how passionate you are :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you so much @Stephanie ! I am really excited to get started with it, so that really means a lot! :heart:
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    @coc0mac this sounds so brill - it would be great if you could share the link here when you've got it up and running I'd love to come and visit the calm corner <3

Maybe something to do with gratitude - this might fit in with the self-care area that was mentioned earlier? I don't really know the psychology behind it but something to do with the power of gratitude lists and how to get started?
    thank you @Han93! i will be sure to share the link, i really hope it can help some people! :heart: 

wow that is a fab idea!! i will absolutely look into that, thank you!