Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dreams

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
Is anyone else having really weird and scary dreams at the moment? Like since lockdown and coronavirus and being stuck inside?

Idk if it’s to do with lockdown or to do with mental health but I’ve had lots of really weird scary ones lately and wondered if anyone else was the same?
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah i always have them but way before lockdown. Sometimes it's interesting sometimes horrible. Meds can  affect dreams mostly
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @independent_
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having weird and scary dreams at the moment. You are not alone in this though, lots of people are experiencing more intense dreams during Covid and lockdown. There is even research online currently showing that some of the changes in people's schedules means that sleeping patterns have changed combined with having less stimulation during the day means people are remembering them more intensely. 

The additional stress that has come with lockdown and Covid-19 could also be contributing to the nightmares. It's awful to continuously have intense and scary dreams, do you think you could share what you have been dreaming about recently?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    I've been having scary dreams...or rather moments where I dream and wake up panicking and confused only to realise it was a dream. I do think that the stress of lockdown, and stress in general, is having this affect. I think I read somewhere that many people are experiencing scary dreams at the moment, so you aren't alone in dealing with this <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    My dreams have been were too! you are not alone :heart:

There are lots of reasons that this can be happening. As others have said, stress is a big factor that can contribute. Change of routine, new thoughts about the new routines, etc. 

How are you coping with lockdown at the moment - are you doing okay? :heart: