Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Playlist Challenge #9

Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Another month has passed already! which mean a new playlist challenge  :)

First Day of Summer 2019 June 21 marks summer solstice longest

The theme for this month is going to be Sounds of the Summer!

If anyone would like to suggest a theme for future playlists then you can find that thread here

Hope you enjoy everyone! 
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2020
    Already know that this thread is going to have me wishing I could be walking on a beach all month!

There is always one or two songs that define the summer of each year (wonder if that will happen this year), feel like this is one of the more memorable ones:

https://youtu.be/jGflUbPQfW8?t=8
    Post edited by TheMix on
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    We're going To Ibiza. We actually did a parody of this song in primary school for the production (aka performance) at the end of year 6. We instead called it We're Going To Lumbago.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sounds of summer feels like a fab playlist
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for the suggestions so far!  :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    Nice theme Jade :) 

This is what summer sounds like in NZ - well it's what summer sounded like in 2011 in NZ - but still a great tune. Meet Six60.. 

https://youtu.be/vIYEyKyHhMc

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

What Time Is It from High School Musical 2! I remember that I blasted it in stereo at the end of year 8 because I was so excited to get away from bullying for a few weeks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Loving all your suggestions! I can tell this is going to be an awesome playlist 😊
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    This has always seemed like a summer song to me:

As well as this one for a change of tone!

edited May 2020
    Hey everyone! It would be ace if we could get a few more suggestions for this months playlist  :)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hmmm what nickelback song can I use for this 🤔😂😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Dizzie Rascal - Holiday. It always gets me thinking of summer. 

Candi Staton - You've Got The Love too. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • _John_John Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    This is ideal for summer and my first ever childhood nostalgia song for me. Man I love this song soo much. <3  Definitely one of my favorite songs ever!

Akon - Don't Matter (2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWA5hJl4Dv0

Another of my favourites, I'm going add this one too. Perfect for my driving vibes in the countryside.

Calvin Harris - My Way (2016)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Bj7Zb-YD4

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone!

I will be picking the winner tomorrow morning and hopefully will have the link to the playlist by then.  :)
    Old Town Road
    Hey everyone! big thank you to everyone who suggested songs for this months playlist which you can listen to here<3

All the songs suggested have been awesome however, I've picked a winner and that is....

My way by Calvin Harris suggested by @_John congrats!  :)

Keep an eye out for June's playlist challenge and hope you all enjoyed taking part!