Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A rant

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
edited May 2020 in Sex & Relationships
Going to uni has allowed me to become my own person but it's also made me see how toxic home can be. I don't want to be apart of it. I'm 24 and I'm tired of it. I'm aware that she didn't have a very good bringing and experienced a lot of losses growing but at the same time, I can't keep sacrificing myself to keep her happy. I don't think she wants us to fly the nest. She doesn't want any of my adult siblings to move out unless we're married...yeah that's not going to happen. My oldest sibling moved out and she's flourishing, now completing a PhD. I swear sometimes it feels like my mother doesn't want to raise independent and strong women, instead she wants housewives and I'm TIRED of it. 

At this point, I do not care if she doesn't like the fact that I'm dating a non Christian who is not the same race as me and I will never allow her to make me feel ashamed of it. I worried so much about telling my mum when really, I shouldn't have, either way, it it my decision and if she has a problem, it's not mine to carry. 

I will not allow her to play top trumps with us (her children)
I will not sacrifice my happiness to please her

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    N'awwwww thank you lovely @Aidan 😊
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Salix_alba_2019

I just wanted to second what @Aiden has said. You really shine through as a strong and independent person, so that's really something to be proud of :smile: And I'm pleased you made this ranting post, as I do think having a little rant can be a great way to off-load and feel a little better! Good job :heart: