Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Community Quiz 3rd May

ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
edited April 2020 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great day :)

@Laine and @aidan have agreed to mod this quiz, and it'll take place on Sunday 3rd May at the usual chat time of 20:00 - 21:30.

The community quiz will take place with three rounds of 10 questions, each round focusing on a different topic. One point is awarded for each question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the point. Overall there are 30 points to be won!

The topics for each round will be:
1) Geography Trivia
2) The Mix Trivia
3) General Knowledge

The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Hosts will get some goodies for helping out.

This will be the first community quiz I see happen as well which is exciting, good luck everyone!
Post edited by Connor on

Comments

• ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    We are also looking for someone to host The Mix's trivia quiz, will anyone be willing to help us with that? If so, either reply to the thread or PM @The Mix ! Whichever you feel comfortable with :)
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Please can I possibly go 1st or 3rd to do my questions on the day (I am doing General Knowledge) because I need to rush off for a bit part way through. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @connor @The Mix I can do the Mix Trivia quiz? Just let me know what I need to do :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    *cough* geography not Easter trivia *cough* :wink:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DiamondDiamond Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    @Connor I’ll help host! 🙂
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Have you got enough writers? i love writing the seasonal rounds
    louisa982 said:
    Have you got enough writers? i love writing the seasonal rounds
    We have me doing General Knowledge. @BubblesGoesBoo is doing a round. @Diamond and @MountainPeak have already offered to do The Mix Trivia. Sorry.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I know we've PM'd most of you with the final plan but just to clarify for everyone else, we now have all our writers and hosts for tomorrow. :3 As @Kasa2103 said, she'll be doing General Knowledge, @BubblesGoesBoo will be doing a geography round and @MountainPeak will be doing The Mix Trivia.

Apologies @louisa982, but we may be doing more quizzes over lockdown so keep an eye out. :)

Also a couple of somewhat rare badges up for grabs:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    And @Diamond they asked to help too!
    GreenTea said:
    And @Diamond they asked to help too!
    We filled up pretty quickly @GreenTea so @Diamond will be a host for the next quiz. :)
    No I mean as in you mentioned doing more quizzes and only mentioned one user that missed out.. not diamond too 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Was just mentioning incase they never PMd because they asked in a different thread then this one..
    @The Mix can I host the next quiz too please? I'm determined to host one at some point!
    Ladies and gentlemen The Mix have your combined scores.

I would like to do a few shout-outs:

Hosts: @Kasa2103 @BubblesGoesBoo and @Eleanor

Mods: @Connor @Aidan and @Laine

Participants: Not sure if some of the newer people have accounts but thank you for joining in and being so amazing! <3

Well done everyone! A special thank you to whoever suggested we have a lockdown quiz!

General Knowledge Winner- @BubblesGoesBoo
    Geography Winner- @Eleanor
    The Mix Trivia Winner-@BubblesGoesBoo

Overall Winner: @BubblesGoesBoo

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2020
    well... if i knew we could of asked ahead of the next quiz i would of done that. I wanted to do the quiz before this one if knew could ask for the next one instead i would of ah. Never hosted before
    (Basically im saying its not really fair as new users may come along by that time aswell and should just be fair to say it there and then so is just whoever says it first so the community At That Time is fair)
    i also think that if someone has hosted then they shouldnt the next time ect unless no one else wants to. Hope my feedback is helpful ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited May 2020
    I do agree with the whole if you've hosted before, let someone else host and get a chance. 

Only reason I asked was because I was down to host a round for this quiz but circumstances changed meaning I had little time to actually organise questions...  I'd like to be able to next time. 

I think it's ok to show an interest in wanting to host a quiz... I'm sure the mix can keep track and ensure everyone who wants to be involved with hosting gets a chance. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Ladies and gentlemen The Mix have your combined scores.

I would like to do a few shout-outs:

Hosts: @Kasa2103 @BubblesGoesBoo and @Eleanor

Mods: @Connor @Aidan and @Laine

Participants: Not sure if some of the newer people have accounts but thank you for joining in and being so amazing! <3

Well done everyone! A special thank you to whoever suggested we have a lockdown quiz!

General Knowledge Winner- @BubblesGoesBoo
    Geography Winner- @Eleanor
    The Mix Trivia Winner-@BubblesGoesBoo

Overall Winner: @BubblesGoesBoo

Well done everyone, and thank you all for coming! In addition to the above, a huge thanks to the ever-hard-working @Laine and @Aidan for modding this as extra to their usual chat sessions. :)

We're still looking into options for prizes. With the lockdown in place, we can't send out our usual bag of Mix branded goodies, so for now we may be limited to badges. If we decide to have quizzes more often than usual in light of said lockdown, it might make more sense to stick to badges anyway just so we don't run out of Mix merch. ;)

Oh hosting/reservations...
    We don't typically reserve anything for quizzes because usually they're 4 months apart. However, it's now looking likely that we'll be doing a few more quizzes to give us something fun to do during lockdown, assuming that's something that would be popular with everyone.

So for next time, we'll give priority to those who didn't host this quiz but showed interest. You guys are right - it's fairer to give different people a shot rather than it being first come first serve. :)
    Oh, and I believe a suggestion was made for runner-up rewards. :)

This is a really cool idea, and something we should do for sure. We'll work on creating a badge for that and, when we do, we'll backdate it in the same way we did for the other quiz badges.