Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How loud can I play my music? - The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited April 2020 in Articles

imageHow loud can I play my music? - The Mix

My neighbours have complained I play my music too loud, but can't I turn the volume up between certain hours? The Mix explains your rights.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• NCarvNCarv Posts: 1 Just got here
    Me and my brother have a speaker with base tune which we have stopped playing a year ago due to our neighbour complain, and we are ok with it as long we are respecting each other. since December my neighbour that owns the flat has been complaining about everything including now the smoke alarm bip that has run out of battery.
    we only play music in our tv our mac and never loud has describes. He has bulling us with note after note, we went o speak with him about it because his kids are really loud as well and we never complained. But his response was that he owns the flat and we only rent. How can we proceed from here? which actions can we take?
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 611 Incredible Poster
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your neighbour! It is really difficult when you are trying to be respectful and not play loud music, only to find that your neighbour is complaining about other noises- and worse when he also at times can be noisy with his kids!

Unfortunately, we aren’t legal experts here at The Mix, so we can’t advise you too much on what your next steps can be. However, you might want to try approaching Citizens Advice https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ to see if they can help you.

All the best!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Well that means I cannot jam out to my favourite music now. It is quite loud even when at a low volume and it is heavy metal!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • aladinaladin Posts: 1 Just got here
    I think it plays at normal sound level. there are many ringtones to choose from music