Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

grounding techniques

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
was looking for some info on grounding techniques and actually couldn't find a thread about it.. so thought we could all share ones that have worked for us here in the hopes they can help others :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my favourite one is popping candy, focusing on all the 5 senses at once :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My fav grounding technqu is thinking of a catorgory like all the different types of pastas. And in my head im like thinking of like all the pastas and it distracts me. I think its a grounding technquie 
    or i do the 12345. One thing taste 2 things can smell 3 things can hear and 4 things can touch and 5 things can see 
    or i hug teddy (my dog)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Great idea! I've just read a really helpful grounding technique on another thread here by @MountainPeak  - thought it might be helpful to pop the link into this thread too :heart: