Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you talk?

I can't talk but I want to, but everytime I convince myself I need to talk or eat there's another voice that shouts over the rational one and causes me to just break down and not do the things I need to. I'm constantly tired and mentally drained just fighting myself. I don't want it to continue but I can't do anything about it, I'm just useless. 

Comments

• Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    edited February 2020
    Hey @HowDoYouTalkAboutIt

Welcome to the boards :) Well done for being so incredibly brave and posting here. The Mix is a safe and entirely anonymous space for you to talk about what's bothering you, and get support, without judgement. We're all here to listen <3

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time right now. Putting our feelings into words can be hard to do, it can be frustrating and seem pointless at times but you can do it here. Take as long as you need, post as much or as little as you want - we're all here for you. 

Stay strong <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Heya :) I think that when you've got a strong voice telling you something that you know is wrong, you have to act against it. It sounds counter-intuitive, but as long as that voice controls what you do, it's stopping you from being free and happy. Fighting against your own mind in times like this is so tough and tiring as you say, but it can defo help to do the right thing, which can also help you feel more confident, energetic etc x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.