Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not logging in

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
When I log in it dosent log me like the little black bar across the top still says log in but when I refresh the page it shows all the options you get when your logged in but then when I click onto a section of the boards it logs me out again  and I have to refresh for it to log back in - I know it’s just as confusing as I am 😅
Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    The same has happened to me. Not sure what’s wrong with it. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Alwaysss did this to me ,stopped ages ago tho
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    It used to do it to me @shaunie and then it stopped but it’s started doing it again now 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    Weird - it seems to be working okay for me on desktop and mobile. What device and browser are you both using? @Millie2787 @*BananaMonkey*

Any luck if you try other browsers?

Thanks for flagging this - definitely sounds like something's not quite right!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @Mike iPhone 7 Plus and Chrome 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    @mike mines on IPhone 7 but using safari 
    @Millie2787 @*BananaMonkey* thanks both of you. :) I'm not able to replicate this myself but it's been passed on to our techies so we can look into it.
    Are you folks still having this issue? @Millie2787 @*BananaMonkey*

Has anyone else run into this?
    Mike said:

@Mike yass it’s just done it now 😅
    Mike said:

@Mike yass it’s just done it now 😅
    Thanks @Millie2787! We're still digging so it's good to know it's still happening. :)
    Seems okay for me at the minute :smile: 
    Now its randomly logging me out when i try to comment on certain threads. So cant comment on them now
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Ahh. this is so annoying. There was no problem until this thread lol what did you do?

it keeps logging me out and logging me back in. 

Like ill go on health & wellbeing and im logined in- click on discuss i wanna rely to - im logged out so cant reply. So keep trying but doesnt work until bit later. Or its only tellingn me im logged on when i clicked on a tbread and on the main page ill be loged out and will sometimes keep changing everytime i click on something that goes to a new page. And soo annoying 
    @Shaunie we can blame Aife now she’s gone 🤣🤣

im all serious it’s been doing it loads for me again 
    Proper annoying
    Ffs wh is it only letting me log into this part. Might work if i send this
    Its weird cause when its not working it lets me only log in to this part and then when i text on here it working in other places so i just writing comment here to make it work
    Sorry for the lateness on this! Bit of a hectic time.

Thanks everyone for keeping us posted on what's going on. Our techies won't be around much over Christmas but we'll pass this on and do what we can. The more info we have the better, so really appreciate you keeping us updated. :)
    It only happens on my phone. It gets realy annoying. Would put me off ever joining if was my first time coming on here. But its Never happened on my tablet or ipod. Just phone
    I keep getting logged out, on my laptop and phone for some reason 

My laptop has also started shutting down on its own. I've been studying all day at the library so it's that I've been on it 😭
    Salix I'm just copying your post into here because I think it's the same issue. :)

Bit of an update from le techies on this. They still can't replicate the issue at their end, which makes it difficult do troubleshoot what's happening and find a solution. They have given us some information to pass on which might help:

1) The team have looked at your accounts in the back-end and cleared up some data, and made sure your login permissions are setup as they should be.

2) Please try and...
    • Clear the cache on your phones and anything else that they use to browse the boards (e.g. other devices). You can do this in the same place you can delete your browsing history.
    • Test and see if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't solve the problem, we'll need to know the answers to these questions :)
    1. Does this happen every time you try to use the boards? Are there certain times when it all works fine?
    2. When did this issue start happening for you? If the timing is the same for everyone, we might be able to pin it back to a certain software change or issue.
    3. Do you guys only use mobile devices to access the boards?
    4. If you use other devices to log in, do you get the same problem there as well?

Sorry that this one is a bit long, guys! Seems you've found a bug that's particularly tricky to swat. ;)
    Mine seems to be okay again at the moment 🤔
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Thank you Mike, I'll sort things out on my end too!

I also managed to drop my phone on my face then almost into my breakfast lol 
    Thanks. 

Working now. 
    I also managed to drop my phone on my face then almost into my breakfast lol 
    Ha! Think we've all dropped our phone on our face at least once. :tongue:

Thanks everyone - really glad things seem to be working for now. Do check back in here and try the steps mentioned above/answer those questions if you find the issue cropping up again. :) 
    edited January 2020
    Hi sorry. this has stopped working again. 

But i did only delete my browsing history. I can not find clear cache anywhere on my phone or on google. Ive done it before but now i cant see it anywhere. While trying to find it - i clearly did something cause now i cant login at all on safari so on chrome but i dont like chrome and even chrome is being weird.

sorry to like moan lol but its really annoying me

Where is the cache? I cant find it anywhere 

Nothing comes up when i search it on my settings or in safari settings

It’s started doing it for me again and I’ve cleared my browser history but can’t find cache 
    Thanks for the update both of you @Shaunie @Millie2787. :)

Here's how to clear your cache with Safari on mobile:

To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.

I guess the key thing here is that Safari defines 'website data' (cookies and your cache) differently to your history. So if you make sure you clear website data, you'll be good to go.

Let me know if that works. :)
    I cleared it the other day but it did it again this morning with me having to refresh every time I wanted to post 🙃
    edited January 2020
    I cleared it the other day but it did it again this morning with me having to refresh every time I wanted to post 🙃
    Thanks for the update @Millie2787. Hmm, how annoying!

Would you mind sending us some answers to these questions? Either by replying here or via PM if you prefer. :) Then we can look into it further.

Mike said:

If that doesn't solve the problem, we'll need to know the answers to these questions :)
    1. Does this happen every time you try to use the boards? Are there certain times when it all works fine?
    2. When did this issue start happening for you? If the timing is the same for everyone, we might be able to pin it back to a certain software change or issue.
    3. Do you guys only use mobile devices to access the boards?
    4. If you use other devices to log in, do you get the same problem there as well?
    1. it goes through phases of being okay for a few days and then it goes back to logging me out again 
    2. Mine started in November but again it seems to fix itself for a bit and then do it again.
    3. i occasionally  use my laptop and it never does it on that just my phone

@Mike  
This discussion has been closed.