Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

13th January

2»

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2020
    Totally agree with jelly. Youre at a high risk of suicide by how you feel. Not whats happened to you. And whats happened to you doesnt mean you like feel the worst as anyone going.  All about emotions rather than situations. Someone can be going through exact same and be fine. Someone could go through something what we would feel would never affect us yet still be going through hell to them. And need lots of support cause about how we feel not whats happened. And i think thats really important to say. Theres no reason to compare in that way anyway

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LubnaLubna Deactivated Posts: 496 Listening Ear

Here in black and white.
    edited January 2020
    Thats just stastics - whic always have massiveee gaps in them anyways. We are not meant to use that to go like ' ill more likely kill myself than you' or something like - i have it worse. When we have no idea how people with depression are feeling. if that makes sense?
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2020
    I found some articles on the interweb after doing some searching

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6136384/#__ffn_sectitle

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1915359/

I also wanted to add that your feelings and experiences are just as valid all the folks💛
    Post edited by Salix_alba_2019 on
    A week today until his release date💔😥 he shouldnt be coming out at all! I don't know why people on here can't see that! Feels like time will be stuck for a week now😔
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey lubna 

I can’t imagine how hard things are for you right now but I do know and still do see how much of an effect it has on someone each day .
    But your doing so so well to be here each day :) and that really stands out to me is you try your hardest to carry on with your life. 

When he’s released will he be given an area he cannot go into ? E.g where you live <3

Keep going lovely your doing really well 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited January 2020
    Yes he will be given an area he can't go in to but to me it's not that I'm worried the most about seeing him (evan though it still is a worry) it's that he shouldnt be coming out at all! I don't give rapists a second chance. They don't deserve it. The odd lie or something I can give a second chance to but not a rapist! I think the way his most likely to contact me is Facebook but my VLO said if he does contact her and keep evidence.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Lubna

Just wanted to check in and offer you some hugs, how are you feeling? :heart:

We're here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hopefully he has been rehabilitated & Done some sort of treatment program to stop him from reoffending & less at risk. 
    Only some people are here for me it seems. I'm feeling okay atm but I think that's because I have just got back to mine after spending the night at my friends who I havent seen in ages and only in hospitals. 
    edited January 2020
    That sounds like your VLO has given you some good advice on what to do if he contacts you :) 

I can understand how difficult it is for you knowing that he’s going to be let out soon ... is there anyone around you in terms of services who can support you or maybe a drop in centre you can go on the day he is released and the following days to get some support <3 Maybe might be a good idea to keep distracted on that day too ? 

Keep going you are doing really well 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Glad you had a decent day! <3

like millie said youre doing really well to keep going each day. 

A thing my counsellor keeps saying to me is "recovery is the best revenge". Theres some things we unfortantly cant control. But some things we have power over and the hardest thing is accepting all the things we can not change
    I'm not sure yet. My cpn said a while ago that she would come and see me the day his released. I'm seeing my cpn tomorrow so I'll know more in terms of how she is going to support me next week then.
    Lubna said:
    I'm not sure yet. My cpn said a while ago that she would come and see me the day his released. I'm seeing my cpn tomorrow so I'll know more in terms of how she is going to support me next week then.
    That sounds like a good idea to confirm those plans with her tomorrow! Do you have anyone else you can reach out to on that day ? Don’t forget you also have all of us here <3
    No, I don't have anyone else I can reach out to and I have some people on here not all💔😥
    Hugs lubna. 

All here for you. Do you have a safe place? Somewhere in your house you feel the safest? I heard that can help when feel over whelmed