Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Moving house

ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
So my mum said we are planning to move house and I really dont want to. Ive never moved before but i feel so safe and happiest when im where i am now and i dont want it to change. 
Also its just spoilt my Christmas Eve  :s

Kind words/advice is really needed x
Merry Christmas x
My feelings are bigger on the inside.
 "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
The joy is worth the pain.

Comments

• PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hey @ClaraOswald the most important thing I want to say is that your emotions about not wanting to move are valid and completely understandable as you will be grieving the place that you feel the most safe and happy in, and you may be feeling a bit daunted about changing your current routines. However, it could also be the start of a new, exciting chapter in your life.

How would you feel about speaking to your mum about how you're feeling about the move? She may also be having the same worries, but she might be able to shed some light on the benefits of moving house. 

As for now, try not to let this news spoil your Christmas - focus on spending time with your loved ones. I truly hope you have an amazing Christmas and New Year <3 

I also want to say that we are all here to listen to you - so please do keep us updated with how it all goes - wishing you the best of luck <3  
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Hey @PoppyB x My mum really wants to move so she doesnt understand. 

Im trying to think it could be exciting and i had a good Christmas when i didnt think about it   =)
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @ClaraOswald I'm really glad to hear you had a great Christmas and managed to take your mind of moving house for a little bit. How are you feeling about everything today? 

Echoing what Poppy said, it's completely understandable to hear how you're feeling about moving. Home is where you feel safest and it can be really tough when that might all suddenly change not knowing what it might be like. Often when we don't know what to expect it can be easy to think about all the things that might not be the same, but like you said it could be an exciting time too. 

Have you spoken anymore about how you're feeling with your mum at all? Do you know if you'll still live in the same area or will it be a bit further away? 

Keep us updated on how everything is going. We're always here to support you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy

any change can feel scarey but kinda exciting at the same time sometimes. Kinda like starting a new school lol. How you feel is completly valid. You can make it your new home and your new safe place by keep somethings the same like the furniture and making the place more that will suit you and it can take a while for things to feel like home and thats okay too. I hope it all goes as well as it can do. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Moving house is a big deal, so not surprised that making such a change is uncomfortable for you! Usually moving house is a decision that is taken with a lot of time and thought, and perhaps it is best for you to move house for whatever reason. Change can be positive too - we're all here with youx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Thankyou guys x i think im realising its the stuff that makes a house not the bricks  <3 Im still really sad though.
    Hopefully it will make my mum happier aswell do atleast thats a good thing.