Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tourniquet

NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
I tried to kill the pain
But only brought more
(So much more)
I lay dying
And I'm pouring, crimson regret, and betrayal
I'm dying
Praying
Bleeding
Screaming
Am I too lost to be saved?
Am I too lost?
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
Do you remember me?
Lost for so long
Will you be on the other side?
Will you forget me?
I'm dying
Praying
Bleeding
Screaming
Am I too lost to be saved?
Am I too lost?
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My God! My tourniquet
Return to me salvation
My wounds cry for the grave
My soul cries, for deliverance
Will I be denied?
Christ! Tourniquet! My suicide

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2019
    Hey @NatalieMT

These lyrics take me back a fair bit, haven't listened to Evanescence in a while :3. Do you feel like these lyrics represent how you are feeling at the moment? I know that music can be a great help when riding through some difficult times in our lives, equally there are also spaces you can reach out to talk to someone for support. In particular, you may find some of the following helpful:
    • Emergency services - if you ever feel unsafe, you can reach out for immediate help by calling 999.
    • Samaritans - call any time to talk to someone for free about how things are - call 116 123.
    • The Mix Crisis Messenger - you can text TheMix to 85258 to talk to someone if you are ever feeling in a crisis.
    • Papyrus - You can call 0800 068 4141 to talk to someone when thinking about suicide, they are open weekdays 10am-10pm, 2pm – 10pm weekends and bank holidays.
    Hope you are doing okay @NatalieMT - you deserve to feel safe and able to work through how things are for you at the moment. 

Take care :3

Ed
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Natalie , 
    How are you doin now?X
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley