Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Under 16's Chat

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited December 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey folks!

Some of you will remember Under 16's chat, which took a break earlier this year.

The good news is we've done some work on it with you guys, and it's now ready for a re-launch. :3 

When is it?
Under 16's Support Chat is scheduled for every other Saturday, 6-7:30pm. We're running a test session on Saturday 14th December, and then they will be every two weeks starting on Saturday 18th January.

Who is it for?
These chats are designed for people aged 16 or under. Over 16's are welcome to come along as listeners.

Who will be running it?
Currently, Mike will be modding these sessions. We'll be recruiting one of our current moderators to help us out with these sessions as well, so someone familiar will be there.

What does Under 16's Chat look like? 
It will be a mixture of support chat and general chat, with the last 30 minutes being dedicated to lighter topics. We will set up a discussion thread later today where you can suggest things you might want to chat about in the last half of this chat. 

Thanks
Mike, Italia and Ed!
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Under 16's chat tonight!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Open now! :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Whats a listener? 
    My feelings are bigger on the inside.
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
    The joy is worth the pain.

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Aww this is fantastic, I used to find under 16s chats very useful because I joined here when I was 13 and felt that ordinary support/general chat was more for older people.

I’m 17 now so will be sure to come along as a listener (I missed the test, I’m so behind on news lol) cause I know how much that space helped me.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Whats a listener? 
    Apologies that we missed this last month Clara! A listener is someone who comes along to support others in the room. :3

Aww this is fantastic, I used to find under 16s chats very useful because I joined here when I was 13 and felt that ordinary support/general chat was more for older people.

I’m 17 now so will be sure to come along as a listener (I missed the test, I’m so behind on news lol) cause I know how much that space helped me.
    Really glad you like it, independent! It would be awesome to have you there. :star:    
  • Options
    Im under 16 but I dont need support at the moment, so can I come along as a listener @Mike ?
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I think that anyone can come as a listener or for support if they are under 16 or as as listener if they are over 16.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    What @Kasa2103 said @ClaraOswald - listeners under and over 16 are welcome. :) Good question!
  • Options
    Thankyou!  :)

• Options
    Under 16's Support Chat is now open. :3