Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is there something wrong with me?

ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
So I was going to go out with my family this friday but right now im feeling depressed and suddenly have had a change of heart and i dont want to go.
I cant explain why i just dont feel like i want to go. Im also really sad and i dont know why.

Ive heard a sign of depression is not having intrests in fun activities, do you think im getting like that? 
More and more recently i just say no to things i should find fun, whats wrong with me? x
My feelings are bigger on the inside.
 "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
The joy is worth the pain.

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Sending hugs! im sorry you're going through a rough time .. I'm not a doctor so cant say if you have depression or not, but I would urge you to go see one.. they really are helpful with this sort of thing, and it could be something physical as well, there's quite a few physical problems that can cause depression. 

meanwhile try and get back into stuff you enjoy, I know it's hard and may not seem worth it, but it will be in the long run. also listen to your body, don't push yourself too hard (in my experience that makes me shut down more) have you told your family how you're feeling about Friday? they may be able to help more.

take care and let us know how you get on <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @ClaraOswald thanks so much for sharing how you're feeling it's very brave of you. Like you said being disinterested in your usual hobbies or fun activities is a very common sign of depression. I can't say for certain that's what you're dealing with but it might be a good idea to try and book an appointment with your GP and talk to them about how you're feeling.

If you don't feel like you can face seeing a doctor then there are other options out there so let me know if you'd like some more information. Either way speaking about it here on the boards is a great first step so be sure keep us all up to date with how you're doing. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

That can happen sometimes with depression - you can be really excited to go out with friends, but something unexplainable stops you from going. Maybe it's fear of being judged, fear of not knowing what to say, feeling that you don't belong, that perhaps you don't deserve the happiness. A lot of factors go into it. But I'd really try and go out if you can - sometimes the mind can convince us to stop doing something we love - because of mental illness, our thoughts aren't always what's best for usx

Much love <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    You've been really brave posting here Clara, it sounds like you're going through a really tough time at the moment <3

How has everything been for you recently? Is there anything that's happened recently in your life that might be causing you to feel sad? 

Everyone has given some amazing support here, I agree with everything they have said. We have an article on our website about coping with depression and you might find some of the tips shared helpful. 

How are you feeling today? How was Friday and the rest of the weekend for you in the end? I hope you're doing okay <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Hey sorry i would have replied earlier but was logged out from my account  :s 

@Aife Friday was cancelled anyway due to some floods but it's happened again. So much has been going on and im just tired, e.g. my mum starting a new job

@Riley I would love some more info because for a while I have felt like I have depression but i dont want to have that label put on me.

Ive tried going out with friends and ended up having a good time but it takes me a while to lighten up and have fun. At the start I feel so tense. Ive also started to feel sick when i worry. Thanks x
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @ClaraOswald

Just wanted to pop on and send you some hugs :heart:

We are here for you, and care about you :smile:

It's positive that you say you do end up having a good time when you go out with friends, sometimes it may take people a longer time to relax, but that's okay :heart:

How are you doing today? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

@Stephanie Feeling better today x theres a party at the weekend and despite everything i said id go. Its roller scating with friend ive known for a long time so hopefully it will go ok x 
    Thanks for the help x i read over these messages whenever i feel like not going x

• boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    edited November 2019
    @ClaraOswald,How are you feeling today? How are you feeling about the party happening this weekend? I hope it goes ok. We are all here to listen if you want to talk to us about anything. :)
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @ClaraOswald From what you've said it's understandable to be feeling tense at the start of a party but it might help this weekend that it's the party of a friend you've known for a long time. 
    I hope the party goes ok this weekend, we are all here for you this weekend regardless of whether or not you decide to go.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    @ClaraOswald sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now, it's great to hear that you want to get some more info of what help you can get. I think it's understandable that you don't want to be "labelled" with depression but I will just say it's an illness just like anything else. Try to think of it as having the flu, you wouldn't hesitate to see a doctor if you thought you had the flu!

That being said there are other options that I mentioned before, thankfully there's a lot of infomation and people you can talk to when it comes to mental health and figuring out what the cause might be. A great website is Rethink https://www.rethink.org/ they have a bunch of information about all different kinds of mental illnesses as well as advice on what to do and services in your area.

There's also NetDoctor https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ and The NHS Website https://www.nhs.uk/ which are services that revolve around figuring out what you might be dealing with, whether it be a mental or physical problem, and what your next steps should be.

And finally there's The Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/ which is simply a service where you can talk to someone anonymously about what you're going through. They also have an e-mail service if you're not comfortable talking over the phone and other services you can look through on their website.

I hope this is all helpful to you, let me know if anything's confusing or you need some more info about what I talked about and be sure to keep us all up to date with how you're doing! <3
    Hey x 
    Thanks @Riley for the advice- im going to check the net doctor website afterschool, it sounds really useful, thanks x 
    On Saturday i was so tempted not to go and ended up being late because of it x it went ok- we had a meal then went scating but i feel like everyone is trying to target me intheir conversation, like talking about my old boyfriends that were horrible. But it felt nice to be out the house =)