Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chat break (30/12-12/01)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2020 in Community Announcements
httpsigiphycommediadaOuWzPJ4wuXCgNr28giphywebp

It's that time again. We're nearing the holiday period - the time of year where the UK panics about 2cm of snow, you get objectively too many socks for Christmas, and remember why you don't usually hang around with your questionable relatives. And you know... have fun. ;)

There will be no group chats from Monday 30th December - Sunday 12th January. The usual schedule will return on Monday the 13th January.

What is a 'group chat break'?

Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chat sessions.

We use these periods as a chance to gather up the feedback we've received from you all, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on. Sometimes that happens behind the scenes, and sometimes we post discussions or run projects on the discussion boards for you to get involved in during that week.

It's also a good chance for our volunteers and staff to take a breather.

How often do we have them?

Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August.

What will we be doing for this one?

This time, we won't be doing anything major (e.g. running workshops or projects). Given we'll be a staff member down at the end of this month, we'll be focusing on keeping things running and ticking over until our new team member joins.

We will still be reflecting on how things have been going generally and looking over feedback you guys have been submitting. There will be a thread to give your feedback and discuss things as a group, and of course you can also send us a PM or use the chat feedback form if you'd rather give us your thoughts privately.

Will there be a quiz?

Yep! The Christmas (well, New Year) Quiz will be happening on Tuesday 7th of January, from 7-8pm. There will be a separate announcement for this with all the details.

Where can I go while group chat is closed?

If you'd like some quick, live support while chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one helpline. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994, from 4pm-11pm.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258.

The boards will also be open as normal.

----
Feel free to ask any questions below. :3

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    The UK definitely panics about 2cms of snow. I know the perfect song about that. Just to warn you @The Mix (especially @Mike) to keep the volume down when listening in case anyone gets offended by the cursing. 

https://youtu.be/Nq9ay_K_YOU

My favourite parts are in the spoiler so do not click until you have listened to the song.
    Can't get into Tesco. They've all headed there in droves. Better to be safe. Buy a hundred loaves. The crunch of ice. The screech of wheels. There goes some moron in high heels. Breaking her ankle on the path. Oh what a laugh.

Shit it's snow. Shit it's snow. Us Brits don't know what to do.

3 inches and the airports close. Forget about the bus. The trains are fucked beyond belief. Can't get to the tracks underneath. The only way I won't be late is if I skate.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Who will the new team member me? No offence to them but they cannot be as good as @Aife
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Kasa2103 said:
    The UK definitely panics about 2cms of snow. I know the perfect song about that. Just to warn you @The Mix (especially @Mike) to keep the volume down when listening in case anyone gets offended by the cursing. 

https://youtu.be/Nq9ay_K_YOU

My favourite parts are in the spoiler so do not click until you have listened to the song.
    Can't get into Tesco. They've all headed there in droves. Better to be safe. Buy a hundred loaves. The crunch of ice. The screech of wheels. There goes some moron in high heels. Breaking her ankle on the path. Oh what a laugh.

Shit it's snow. Shit it's snow. Us Brits don't know what to do.

3 inches and the airports close. Forget about the bus. The trains are fucked beyond belief. Can't get to the tracks underneath. The only way I won't be late is if I skate.
    Ha! I enjoyed that @Kasa2103. :tongue: A little too true of the UK!

Kasa2103 said:
    Who will the new team member me? No offence to them but they cannot be as good as @Aife
    We'll see. ;) Don't worry - we'll choose carefully!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Good thing that you enjoyed the song and have a good sense of humour. How is it too true about the UK though? I learnt it when I was in year 7 (my mum decided to show me the video on a snow day.) 

You still have a while to find and train up someone else ready for after chat break.  But Aife is still amazing.
    Group chat is back on Monday! 47 hours and 22 minutes to go. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Don't know why but feels like chats been gone for like a month, it's draaaggggeeedd this time around 🙄😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2020
    Is chat back tonight or tomorrow??

oh my bad it says in the post tomorrow ignore me 
    Post edited by Jellyelephant on
    The sun will rise and we will try again