Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

September photo challenge

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So The Mix have trusted me to do these every month .. if you want to do a month just let me know :)

1st - your fav possession

2nd - your view

3rd - after dark

4th - close up

5th - something red

6th - your shoes

7th - black and white

8th - flowers

9th - something you made

10th - something old

11th - an animal

12th - morning sky

13th - water

14th - unusual signposts

15th - book you're reading

16th what's in your bag

17th - a tree

18th - preferred method of travel

19th - sunset

20th - 11am

21th - morning routine

22nd - C is for...

23rd - out your window

24th - shadows

25th - fav photo

26th - where I'd rather be

27th - something you learned this month

28th - locally made

29th - how you unwind

30th - something you're proud of this month 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Love the themes for this month! Thanks so much for posting this @BubblesGoesBoo! Looking forward this photo challenge :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited September 2019
    Hey everyone, 

Just a reminder of our photo competition with Fujifilm.

In October we'll be hosting a huge exhibition of over 10,000 photographs by young people. Take part in our exhibition and upload your photos from this photo challenge by heading over to Fujifilm's website here.

You can upload up to three photos and for each photo you upload, you’ll receive a free print, and for each photo that's displayed, Fujifilm will donate £2.50 to The Mix. There's a chance to win some prizes too!

Good luck!

Aife & the team

Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something red - my Welsh dragon 😊 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo That is one cute welsh dragon!  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    Yay! 16th is "what's in your bag" actuallly going shopping in birmingham & hopeful plan to buy a lot of clothes cause need more new clothes so will show
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    8th September - flowers

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Flowers (it counts right 😂 ) - O flower of Scotland  <3 

Forgot about this thread 🙈 morning routine, get up, read something the nurses wrote for me out my happiness jug, drink my morning 3cups of coffee, do a bit of housework and head off to work 😊 

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Ok I didn’t have exactly that but that’s the nearest photo to my English breakfast I had this morning it was a frozen one that I did myself 
    C is for cake mix! Found an egg-free cake mix that I'm going to try and make after work! Hopefully it's nice :) 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    C is for cuddles. I found a photo of some baby pigs having cuddles. My dad took the photo of them asleep in my mums arms. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Aife said:
    C is for cake mix! Found an egg-free cake mix that I'm going to try and make after work! Hopefully it's nice :) 

Ahhhhh @Aife where did you find that it’s GF too !!! 

Also saw this on facebook Aife

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Out your window. I actually took this photo from the train window on the way to a hospital appointment.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Aw bless you I hope you’re ok @Kasa2103
    Thank you so much. That time it was to get my braces on.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Thank you so much. That time it was to get my braces on.
    What type of braces did you get?
    @The Mix thank-you for making me aware of this! Woke up to the news that 2 of my photos have been selected for this AND one of them is on the header .. WHAT!? 😁😁 

(Hope it's okay to post the photo) 
    The Mix said:
    Hey everyone, 

Just a reminder of our photo competition with Fujifilm.

In October we'll be hosting a huge exhibition of over 10,000 photographs by young people. Take part in our exhibition and upload your photos from this photo challenge by heading over to Fujifilm's website here.

You can upload up to three photos and for each photo you upload, you’ll receive a free print, and for each photo that's displayed, Fujifilm will donate £2.50 to The Mix. There's a chance to win some prizes too!

Good luck!

Aife & the team

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My photos were selected!! And I'm gonna try attend the event while in London!
    GreenTea said:
    My photos were selected!! And I'm gonna try attend the event while in London!
    Well done @GreenTea what photograph was it? That’s something you should be proud of.
    edited October 2019
    Thank you!!
    The 2 I entered where both images I took during the summer in London. One was from up high, taking a photo down on lots of people rushing about their lives and I can't remember the second one
    Well done @BubblesGoesBoo and @GreenTea this is great news! <3
    So I'm at the event and it's taken half hour to find one of my photos 😂 at least I found one
    This is exciting @GreenTea! Hope you're having a great time at the exhibition. :) 
    Sounds awesome. Sad that I missed it. It is too far for me to go on my own and my parents don't know that I even entered anything so they would say no. 
    Aife said:
    This is exciting @GreenTea! Hope you're having a great time at the exhibition. :) 
    It was good. Barely busy either which I was nice on the anxiety!