Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cheerio Fabulous peeps ❤️

Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Hi you fabulous lot ,

After a lot of careful consideration and thinking this through. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time for me to say my goodbyes.

It’s something I’ve been thinking about for awhile now and truth be told my care role is getting a lot more intense and now my mums taken on a job involving her working nights it means I have a lot more night care to do with brother which means I don’t have the time for chats , I’m starting to do new jobs which means I don’t have time during the day to be on here and actually  I need to start working through things on my own Because I won’t have support forever.

Ill still come now and then and give you some fabulous people some love and hugs and support Because you all deserve that and truth be told I can leave all the “ramming carers knowledge down your throat “ to @Abigail now can I ;) 

I cannot thank you enough for how much all the Mods and you users have done for me , especially during September through to December . You lot really kept me here and without your support and love and guidance and encouragement to keep going I really don’t think I would be here if it wasn’t for all of you .

Before I go I wanted to leave you with this quote 

"Saying things out loud it helps us to sound things out. I mean that’s why I'm constantly talking to myself. But talk to people too. Even if its scary, there's always someone willing to listen" 

Stay fabulous, stay amazing and most importantly STAY STRONG 

Peace out my lovelies 

Aimee xx

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Comments

• Options
    @Aidan of course I will pop in now and then , someone’s got to get Carolyn out of the cupboard ;) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey Aimee,

Sad to see you go, but it's good that you're doing what you think is best for you! Wish you the best for the future!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    Aww @Millie2787, totes emosh. :weary:

You've given so much to this community so it's difficult to see you go, but this seems like a very reasonable decision to make given everything you have going on. It sounds like you've got your priorities in order. Onwards and upwards, eh?

I’m starting to do new jobs which means I don’t have time during the day to be on here and actually  I need to start working through things on my own Because I won’t have support forever.

The one thing I would say is: you never have to be alone if you don't want to be. Nobody needs to deal with anything without support, and that includes you. Make sure you've got someone or somewhere you can turn to when you need to. :)

Look after yourself. There will always be a place for you here - don't disappear forever. ;)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Awww @Mike how sweet , wasn’t my intention to make you “tots émosh” ;).

And I’ll carry on giving to this community just not as much as I use, just dibbing in here and there 

For once a long long time I’m doing what’s best for me even if it does hurt . ❤️

Me im never going to disappear forever becuase truth be told mike your never get rid of me fully. Otherwise who’s going to persuade you for purple confetti ey.

You look after yourself too infact all of you do 

Much love 

Aimee 

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Millie2787

I'm really going to miss you here. Like Mike said, you've given so much to the community and your support to others really has made such a difference to so many people here. It's really hard saying goodbye but I'm glad you're going to come back every now then so it's not goodbye forever! I expect lots of pupdates on Louie and purple confetti requests!

It sounds like your caring role is getting a bit more intense now. We'll always be here anytime you want to talk about anything. Look after yourself and stay strong <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Millie2787

We will really miss you around here, you are such a valued member of this community.

I agree with everything that has already been said. :heart:

Stay strong, and remember we will always be here for you when you need us. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Just want to re-bump this to say I’m leaving for good tonight , it’s time I move on to promoting  my own self help and recovery 

Love you all
    Aimee xx
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Wishing you all the best with everything @Millie2787. We're really going to miss you and we'll always be here for you. Stay strong and keep fighting <3

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Miss you so much already @Millie2787 Well done for making the right decision though. We are here for you if you ever decide to come back. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Best of luck with everything @Millie2787! A really brave decision, we are all so proud of you. Remember we will always be here for you if ever you need us :smile::heart:
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Millie2787

We are all going to miss you, you are a really valuable member of this community and you have definitely provided so much support to others over your time here,  I'm also so happy to hear that we have also helped you. :)

It's such a brave and honest step to take, thinking about yourself and doing what is best for you can be really difficult sometimes, so really well done for that!  <3

As others have said, you are always welcome here and pop in to let us know how things are going if you like! 

Take care, 

Jade x
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    We're always here if you need us. You have so much strength and I wish you all the best with your self-help and recovery <3