Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All things Netflix (and recommendations too )

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Unbelievable comes with massive sexual assault trigger warning as that's what the show is based around
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Unbelievable comes with massive sexual assault trigger warning as that's what the show is based around
    Good bit of tele, difficult subject matter handled very well.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    Dont call me crazy. Its a documentary not on netflix. Not sure what chanel watching it on youtube. Watch it in bits cause i find it too triggering of when i spent time ona mental health ward
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Jack Whitehall travels with my father on Netlfix is a easy watch and it's funny as well! highly recommend, also I know they have recently put Happy Death Day on and that's a really good horror film  :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Just finished watching all three seasons of designated survivor on netflix and I really did love it, the third season really does reflect on some of the real life issues in the US and use real examples and statements from people, it made me cry on some of the stuff people put up with out their 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    The capture - bbc

Black Mirror - the weird program going lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    The neverending story has been put on Netflix today, makes me so happy :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited October 2019
    I love real life crime programmes ( in least weird way, just interesting) does anyone knows any on netflix? I just watched 5 mistakes that caught a murderer
    The Boys on Amazon Prime is probably the best series I watched this year.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2019
    Never really watch real crime stuff, but I love a good crime thriller. Criminals is a pretty interesting one-room mini-series where each episode is a team interrogating a suspect. Collateral is one of the best things I've seen recently, featuring Carey Mulligan who knocks it out the park as a detective.

I've also started watching The Crown recently and I'm pretty into it. The cast is brilliant and the soundtrack really elevates the whole thing. Also learning a lot about the monarchy, which is fun.

Been meaning to watch Unbelievable @GreenTea, and I might have to now I know it's good. I used to enjoy Designated Survivor too @davcr0ck but I have to admit it lost me around series 2 and I fell out of love with it - I found the writing a little stale. I did just finish my third run of House of Cards though.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Ohh I’m in love with Brooklyn 99 at the moment and there’s a series all Atypical about an autistic boy trying to navigate Love 💕
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Inside no. 9

- is proper weird. Watched one about a shoe 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Mike said:
    Never really watch real crime stuff, but I love a good crime thriller. Criminals is a pretty interesting one-room mini-series where each episode is a team interrogating a suspect.
    Ooh @Mike I've been watching Criminal lately too it's very good! Especially cool how they have four different versions set in different countries it's super interesting.

One thing I've been watching lately is Cannon Busters, really recommend it for anyone who's a fan of anime it's so well animated.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Pick of the Litter! 

It's about guide dogs who are given to volunteers to train, but some of them don't pass the training test so they have to have career changes! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Tall girl! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    Pick of the Litter! 

It's about guide dogs who are given to volunteers to train, but some of them don't pass the training test so they have to have career changes! 
    Sounds amazing. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    On Thursday Riverdale series 4 is back :)
    Just binge watched both seasons of Cobra Kai.

As a kid of the 80s, the original Karate Kid was absolutely massive. Was worried this series would ruin the nostalgic feeling I have for it, but I need not have worried.

a fantastic series
    Weekender Offender 
    Abi said:
    On Thursday Riverdale series 4 is back :)
    Yess! Can't wait :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    @Aife I watched Pick of the Litter when I was on holiday it was so cute <3

Chuck (it's my favourite TV show and they just put the whole series back on Amazon Prime)
    Brooklyn 99
    Orphan Black   
    The OA
    Dollhouse (don't think it's on Netflix anymore :( )
    Doctor Who 
    The Good Place (new series just started on Netflix)
    IT Crowd
    Gavin and Stacey
    Not on Netlix but I have just watched A Dogs Way Home, it was so cute!
    @PoppyB yes it's so cute isn't it! 

@Butterfly23 that sounds like a film I'd love, I'll have to watch that one too. You should watch Pick of the Litter :3
    @Aife

Would definitely be a film you would love! Full of dogs and animals 😊 Yeah I want to watch Pick Of The Litter! 
    Fractured 
    Shaunie said:
    Fractured 
    Saw this the other day. Very twisty.
    Weekender Offender 
    In the tall grass
    Waterloo road season 1 to 10 on BBC iPlayer
    Been binge watching haha
    @Shaunie @Skive I saw this too!

I really thought he'd saved his family! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Waterloo road season 1 to 10 on BBC iPlayer
    Been binge watching haha
    Yessss! My favourite part is when Danielle has the amazing support and understandingness of Eddie.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Looking for Alaska is on BBC iPlayer as a drama series. For any of you looking for Alaska By John green fans