Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling sad

dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
so sad at moment 

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Sending hugs, hope things start to look brighter soon, has anything happened to make you feel like this?  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey dogmad :heart:

Just want to echo what has been said already and let you know that we are here for you if you do want to talk about anything, it's really positive that you are reaching out for support. :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Nope I mainly feel sad at college think it’s my tutor partly they have been abit mean to me and I almost dropped out of the course but going to keep going  got to go to college tomorrow 
    Thanks I do hope by talking here you can offer me support 
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @dogmad20, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Do you want to talk some more about what's going on at college with your course and tutor? 

Sending hugs <3
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Sure just finding the course hard and tutor said I had had a lot of time off while studying publisher but I have only one week and one Friday off 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    That great youll keep going, shows something you wanna do. Its hard to keep going at the best of times. Let alone when feeling low and tutor not being as understanding. How was college today?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Well I  am only just back at college today only just started so  will see how it goes 
  • CarolineVCarolineV Posts: 133 The Mix Convert
    How did college go yesterday @dogmad20? What are you studying?
    Computers and better 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I'm glad to hear things have been a bit better for you @dogmad20

How have things been going with your tutor? Are you getting much support at college at the moment?

Keep updating us with how everything is going, we're here to support you :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Tutor is helping and not really but can email welfare lady if need support 
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey @dogmad20

How have things been today?  :)

I'm happy to hear that your tutor is helping and that you have some form of support at college with being able to speak to the welfare staff! 

Keep us updated and let us know how things are going  <3

Jade x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Will do things were better yesterday as I am doing maths  but I am so worried about tomorrow at computers think I’m going to email welfare today to get an appointment tomorrow 
  • Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @dogmad20

Glad things are a bit better. I definitely think it's a good idea to e-mail welfare, it's good to make use of the support that's available to you at college and I think it really shows your commitment to your studies that you want to reach out so you should be really proud of yourself for that <3

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry to hear how you're feeling - hope things improve a little soon!x

Much love <3
    Welfare emailed back yesterday but it wasn’t a very nice email they were saying need to get referred by tutor to get support but I won’t  speak to tutor too scared so I will just leave it and see how it goes  
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey dogmad :heart:

Sending you some hugs, what is worrying you about talking to your tutor? 

It's positive that you have been reaching out for support on here, we care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

spoke to tutor now they referred to welfare but said it’s busy at moment so might be a few weeks 
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Hey @dogmad20

Great to hear you spoke to your tutor and that they have referred you to welfare. How was your tutor when you spoke to her? Do you think you might be able to talk to her again in the future? :) 
    there is one lady teacher and one man spoke to the man first  but the lady was easier to speak too  and yes I do I also find this site supportive and typing here  helps take my  mind off it and you are all supportive and help 
    edited October 2019
    Hey Dogmad, 

It's been a while since you made this thread, so I just wanted to check in with you to find out how things have been?  <3

It's really good to hear that you find the site supportive and that you have spoke to a couple of people at college. Speaking to someone is a really brave step to take so well done!  :)

Jade
    Hi Jade 
    had problems logging into my account and thought something had happened to my account? Finally got back on tonight so been catching up with messages.
    Things have been slightly better still finding course hard but they  dogs come into college every Wednesday now at  lunchtime to calm students down and help with their anxiety so I attend this session and it helps a lot.
    also I now do work experience two  days a week which is helpful and the people I work with are lovely and understanding.
    i still enjoy the support on this site too.
    Hello @dogmad20

No worries, I'm happy to hear that things have been a little bit better, it sounds like the course is still difficult though but I hope that it gets better soon!

Wow! It sounds awesome that they bring dogs into college every Wednesday, that sounds really relaxing and a great way to relax for a bit.  :)

Where do you do your work experience? Doing some type of voluntary work or work experience can definitely help to improve our overall well-being so it's awesome that you can have the opportunity to do that! 

Take care,

Jade x
    Hi Jade 
    I do the work experience In the college in the other building 
    love the support on this site keep it up 
    Hey Dogmad 

That sounds interesting! And it’s really positive to hear that you find the site helpful and supportive.  <3

How are you feeling today? ☺️

Jade
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy! Glad youre finding so of the college days helpful and the support on here. We care, keep us updated on how things are going 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Better 
    Hey @dogmad20

I'm glad that things are better!  <3

We are here if and when you need to speak  :)

- Jade