Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work leave work leave work leave

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
I just want to keep a job for once 😔 all this moving around and starting again is hard. So it goes like this. I left school did some volunteer work while at college and got a job when I passed. After 2 years I had to leave due to my role no longer being required (I’m a 1-2-1) 

I then got another job and was there 4 months and lost that due to my epilepsy. I have now found another job and I love it it!!!! I was only supposed to be temporary but then they said I could stay but thats all fell apart because the children who had been put down for places haven’t turned up for their visits and now I’m finishing in October.......

to be honest its really upset me Istruggle to make friends anyway and I’m quite shy. Thankfully when I started this job I had my best friend who was working there. Other than that it’s scary starting a mew job and now I have to do it again!!!

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @One-in-a-million I just wanted to pop in and say it makes total sense how you're feeling, looking for work and trying to fit in at new places can be really overwhelming.

You mentioned that you're a quite shy person, have you been able to make many new friends at the places you worked before? It can be scary starting a new job but you might end up having a great time, you never know.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi @Riley thank you for taking the time to reply. I hate feeling like the newbie all the time and having to learn the way of the nursery all over again. 

To be honest everyone at my current nursery is really nice and we all get along so it didn’t take me too long to settle. I was very anxious when starting here due to the experience at my previous nursery so I used to apologise a lot for even tiny mistakes that were just from being new. Leaving here has really upset me as I love it here.

there is a lot of other things going on right now with friends and I feel like I’m not doing enough to support them because I’m Stressing about the fact I’m going to loose my job and currently looking for new jobs. She wanted me to be with her on a particular (very important) day. But I’m unable to get that day off which I’m really upset about as I feel I can’t be there to support her.
    My nan who I spend a lot of time with is loosing out too as I have been going out a lot meaning we don’t get to catch up on the shows we watch together. My cousins who I’m extremely close to have lost out on time with me too. They always ask where I am and I feel awful not spending much time with them lately.

everything is quite messy at the moment and between finishing my job in October, trying to support my friend and trying to spend some family time I can’t be split in enough ways to compensate for everyone despite wanting to keep everyone happy.

sorry for rambling 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey,

You don't have to be sorry for rambling, we are here to listen to you.  :)

I can understand how it must be hard having to keep moving around, changing jobs as imagine it's exhausting having to keep getting to know the ropes and meeting new people. It sounds like you feel quite stressed as there is a lot going on, and you feel like you haven't got the time to be doing everything that is expected of you.  <3

In terms of finding a new job, and starting one again while being shy can be quite a scary thing to experience. Is there any things that you have done while settling in to previous jobs that has helped you to feel more comfortable, that you could do again?

Butterfly x

Thank you butterfly all honestly I just wish I could keep everyone happy but there just isn’t enough hours in the day and working with children can be quite exhausting do by the time I have finished I don’t really want to do anything.

as far as settling in everyone at my current job just made everything so calm and relaxed whichever put me at ease.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey,

I understand that, it shows how much you care by wanting to help everyone and keep them happy, although it's always good to take time for yourself and no one would expect you to have to do everything.  <3

I have worked with children before, so I know how it can be exhausting (but rewarding) so it's okay if you feel like you aren't up to doing anything afterwards! 

I'm glad that everyone in your current job allowed you to feel comfortable by putting you at ease.

Do you have any other fears about starting another job? and do you feel worried that your new job won't have the same atmosphere and won't be as welcoming in terms of the staff?

Butterfly x
    Thank you for replying butterfly my main fear is being in a job I’m not comfortable in. I’ve had 2 jobs where I didn’t fit in and this led to me becoming very anxious, angry and upset. Honestly it’s the worst thing in the world (being in a job you hate) 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @One-in-a-million

I just wanted to say that I completely understand how you are feeling. Starting a new job can be so daunting and I totally understand the feelings of not fitting in or feeling comfortable in a job. Although it's still difficult at times, I always like to remind myself that there absolutely is a job out there for me that I will love - and if it takes going round a few jobs to find it, then that is absolutely okay. You really deserve to feel comfortable and happy in a job. 

What's great is that found a job you loved, as this could help you in your future job search - finding something similar to that :smile: 

It's been a little while since you started this thread so I am just wondering how you are feeling about the situation now? :heart:

Take good care - we are all here for you x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey one in a million :heart:

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thank you for checking up on me, I’m feeling a little better now still dreading it at the same time. It’s always been a feat of mine (not fitting it) I don’t mean I want to be popular or like everyone but at the same time I don’t want to be an outcast or be bullied like I have in a previous job and while at school.

Thank you guys Xx
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Sorry to hear what's happened. Losing your job can be tough, but it can often be a case of 'right person, wrong role'. Keep applying and working hard, you'll get a great role for the long-term soon!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thank you to be honest I’m just feeling drained. Between work, looking for another job, family and problems with my friend I’m just exhausted and emotional although I’m probably emotional because I’ve been on long days and I’m knackered ha ha ha.