Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I’m so confused

I started university last year and have really struggled with confidence when it comes to dating. I’m a very chatty person and I can talk to anyone. 

We met met these boys one night at a house party and ever since i would chat to them when I see them about. 

I wasn’t out and one of the boys was being very flirty. He was trying to make contact with me a lot, giving me hugs and even placed his hand on my leg at one point. I was just acting the same way that I always do with him, laughing and joking around but he was responding saying “that’s why I like you”. 

I’m so confused as this boy has a girlfriend. His friend claims he’s unhappy in his relationship. My friend even remarked on his behaviour saying it looked like he wanted something to happen. Does he like me? Or am I reading too much into it?

The problem is I like him that way too but because he has a girlfriend I would never act on those feelings. Should I talk to him and see how he’s feeling or am I taking something away from this that isn’t there?

Comments

• mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @busybee222222

Hope you're enjoying university!

It sounds like a tricky situation. If you're feeling comfortable enough with it, I'd say to talk to him about it. It sounds like there might be something there and if there is then maybe you two can move positively forward with it. Even if that's just the way he is you'll get peace of mind either way and know where you two stand.
  • InTheCloudsInTheClouds Posts: 4 Newbie
    It is difficult when things like this happen, but you having a crush on him isn't a bad thing, he's the one reciprocating those feelings and flirting with you. The best thing to do is just ask him if he wants something to happen, but be sure to make it clear that you aren't interested if he is going to cheat or be unfaithful to his girlfriend.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Keep your boundaries clear. You'd like to go out with him, but not while he's in a relationship. You're doing the right thing!

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.