You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Group chats tonight (Thursday 25/07/19)

The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,492 Community Managers
edited July 25 in Group Chat Announcements
Afternoon everyone,

Tonight we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm.

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Geena and Alessi will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Laine and Sand will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Keep safe :)

Mike & the team

We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix.  We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
Kasa2103davcr0ck

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,339 Mega Poster
    @The Mix Mike you might wanna check it again ;) 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Kasa2103
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 693 Incredible Poster
    Lol the heat is clearly getting to ur brain 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Kasa2103
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,662 Mega Poster
    Ooo we have  a mix up tonight 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Kasa2103davcr0ck
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 767 Incredible Poster
    Wait @BubblesGoesBoo, @Jellyelephant @Millie2787 I don't get it 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Kasa2103
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,712 The Mix Elder
    @davcr0ck , they got the support and general chat mods mixed up
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Kasa2103davcr0ck
    edited July 25
    @davcr0ck. the mods are the wrong way round sand and laine do GC and alessi and geena do SC :) the heat must of got to poor @Mike today 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Kasa2103davcr0ck
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck South Oxfordshire (homophobic Oxfordshire) Posts: 767 Incredible Poster
    Ohhh right @Millie2787 and @Shaunie now I see 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Kasa2103
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,234 Mega Poster
    Poor @Mike 
    I can tell the heat has gotten into you. I guess that support chat mods can also do general chats but general can't do support.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,349 Fanatical Poster
    edited July 25
    I don't remember doing my SC training Mike ;)

All mods are correct folks,  just the other way around. Me and sand look forward to seeing you in GC :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    davcr0ckKasa2103
  • MikeMike Posts: 1,814 Staff Moderator
    tired big bang theory GIF

all updated :tongue: thanks everyone, definitely the heat!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    davcr0ckKasa2103Jellyelephant
    Giving you one big hug 🤗 @Mike 
    MikeKasa2103
    I suppose we can let you off this time ey @Mike

MikeKasa2103
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 103 Staff Moderator
    edited July 25
    This was the rest of the community team waiting for Mike to notice this thread:

"You've just got to carry what you can, Have the heart of a giant but know you're a man. Start small, grow tall."
    Little Giant ~ Roo Panes
    davcr0ckJellyelephantKasa2103
     @ed_ and @Mike You two are like a pair of kids , I feel sorry for poor Aife 😂

Kasa2103davcr0ckJellyelephantEd_
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,234 Mega Poster
    I am surprised that Mike and Ed are not brothers. Who was first to notice out of the community team? Probably Aife. Sorry if I am wrong or if I am being rude for making assumptions. 
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 5,167 The Mix Elder
    Ed_ said:
    This was the rest of the community team waiting for Mike to notice this thread:

Hahahaha ;) 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Kasa2103
  • animallover20animallover20 Posts: 35 Cool Newbie
    Could you look at doing daytime group chats? As I can’t make night time and need to talk about things?
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,349 Fanatical Poster
    Hey animal :) 

This is something to talk to @The Mix about .They will get back to you on whether it's possible, it's tricky because people and mods may not be free during day :)

I just wanted to pop by and say there are other services the mix has to offer you could look into,  such as 1-2-1 chat,  etc look on the "speak to the team" section of get support x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    The Mix
    Ok thanks you have tagged the  mix here so will they come back here? I want support in the groups but too late at night 
    davcr0ck
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,492 Community Managers
    edited July 26
    Thanks for this feedback @animallover20. :)

The timings for group chat are currently made to be early enough for folks not to be asleep, but late enough for most people (community members and volunteer moderators) to be home from work or education. If we see more of a demand for daytime sessions later down the line then that's something we can consider, but at the moment we're not looking to change the schedule.

If you'd like a space to get support during the day, these discussion boards are open 24/7 and as again as @Laine said, The Mix has various other services that might be of interest, including counselling, a crisis text service, and a 1-2-1 helpline (reachable by phone, email or webchat).

This feedback is useful though for us to think about though @animallover20 , so thanks for sharing it. I hope you manage to find what you need.

Mike & the team

PS, tagging someone gives them a notification, so that's generally the best way to let us know if you want our input in something :)

We're Mike, Italia and Ed - the staff team here at The Mix.  We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    davcr0ck
    @The Mix thanks I currently feel low during the day so need  support