Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

LSD (acid)

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited June 2019 in Articles

imageLSD (acid)

Acid was THE drug of the hippy era, but people still take it today. So what is LSD? The Mix finds out what was Lucy doing in the sky with those diamonds

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• JammerzzJammerzz Posts: 1 Just got here
    One thing that these descriptions of the LSD experience always forget to mention is that everything becomes hilariously amusing, and you laugh, and laugh, and laugh until your ribs hurt, your face aches, and tears roll down your cheeks.

The phrase "... you feel generally just happier ..." doesn't even begin to cover it. It's the most upliftingly uproarious bout of hysterical laughter you'll ever experience.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Jammerzz said:
    One thing that these descriptions of the LSD experience always forget to mention is that everything becomes hilariously amusing, and you laugh, and laugh, and laugh until your ribs hurt, your face aches, and tears roll down your cheeks.

Not everybody has that experience, unfortunately. Hallucinogens can be terrifying for some people
    Weekender Offender 
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Jammerzz

Thank you for commenting and sharing your experience with us! 

Though the article does describe a good trip as "you feel generally just happier and more relaxed." as @Skive said, not everyone has that experience. The article goes on to say that "You can have a gut-wrenchingly horrible trip. Acid can make you feel scared and confused. You may even have terrifying hallucinations you can’t control – some people felt they were dying over and over, others believed they were drowned in a bath full of spiders"

Hope this helps to explain why the article tries to keep a balanced perspective on what taking LSD can be like. 

Take care,

Mary-Ellen@TheMix
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.