Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm getting bullied. Does anyone have any advice?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
edited June 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi,

I feel sad, lonely and like everyone hates me and wants to bully me and make my life at school hell (even if I do deserve that.) I have also felt so low that I write horrible things about myself on paper, the boards and on my phone. I can never think of any nice things about myself which is simply sad but it is my life.

Over the past few weeks at school I have been bullied online, called horrible names, been threatened and had things thrown at me. It is simply horrible but I find it normal for me to go through. I feel scared and unsafe whenever I am at school. I feel sad about going back as well because I have loved staying in the safety of my house cuddled with my cats watching YouTube. I don't feel motivated at all to go to school ever. Even the thing about the trip in June or the horse riding, trampolining, sign language, board games and sports day/sit on the field and play on your phone whilst wearing sparkly dots and hair chalk day.

Does anybody have any ideas of how I can boost my confidence or feel safe while around these horrible people?

I can't report it because it just gets worse every time I report it and nobody ever does anything. It has gotten worse because the bullying started as name calling and threats. Then it increased to being online as well. Eventually it increased to being physical. They say they will do something but then never do. The only people who have tried to help are 3 amazing student support officers. And not one of those is even my student support officer which is quite crazy. 

I would also like to thank @Aife for helping me make this discussion and to paragraph it and make a title. It is appreciated a lot and you were very nice and helpful. :)
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kasa2103 thank you for sharing. I can really, really relate to what you’re saying as I had a tough time at school too. I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this experience. 

Do you want to talk any more about what they are saying and why you think they might be acting like this? For me, I was a little socially awkward and actually enjoyed learning at school, so that’s why I was a target for some. I now understand it wasn’t me that was the problem, it was them. And I hope we might be able to help you understand that too?

In terms of boosting your confidence, my advice would be to focus on your life apart from these people - do more of whatever you enjoy doing outside of school. For me, that was playing football for my local team which meant I met more nice, ‘normal’ people too that didn’t make fun of me. 

With the online part of the abuse, is there anything you can do to switch off from that? Know it will depend on the platform but if you can block the people that are doing it then at least you might be able to get a bit of head space when you’re online instead of worrying about more abuse coming your way. 

Also, the student support officers you mentioned are amazing - sounds like spending  some more time with them may also help! 

Take care 

- Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Kasa

Thanks for sharing. 
    That does sound really horrible for you. I can't say I understand how that must feel. It's a really awful thing to go through :(  and can only empathize with how must feel. 

I just wanted to take time to highlight how brave it is to seek help on here and show you are a strong person and have lot of resilience to go to school when there are people bullying you. <3. I really hope you are able to hear that more than the horrible names you get called. 
    Does anybody have any ideas of how I can boost my confidence
    In finding way to build you confidence can be things like finding your uniqueness. I know you have a lot of hobbies like skating and gymnastics, and that's all so good and should be proud of that.  Shows you're active and talented. Would you agree?

Sometimes it's about becoming our own best friend. And being assertive with knowing your rights and that's to be treated well. 
    You may find this info helpful (hopefully can read that)

feel safe while around these horrible people?
    Do you have a safe place you like?  Like some people like the beach, woods, place with good memories ect. And when they feel unsafe they try to visualise it in their mind thinking about all their senses, what they see, hear, feel etc. For some people doesn't work but some people love to do that. So just wanted to say. As maybe could help to feel safe in mind.  And I know someone who loves the beach so always has something blue with her to help her visuals her safe place  

We are all here to listen cause you're definitely worthy of that time & support - not being bullied. <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    NatalieMTNatalieMT Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Can I just say Shaunies response is very helpful - I think Shaunie has hit the nail on the head so to speak here.

Keep smiling because it confuses people. X
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Kasa :heart:

Just wanted to check in to let you know we are all her for you and we care about you :heart:

How are you feeling today?
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Like absolute crap. Currently hiding in the toilets in tears for the 2nd time today. Really not good at all. I also was crying during maths. People got really mean to me before lessons. Thank you for the lovely messages though everyone.  I just feel completely destroyed and like it cannot be repaired. 😔😭😢
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Hey Kasa

Thanks for sharing. 
    That does sound really horrible for you. I can't say I understand how that must feel. It's a really awful thing to go through :(  and can only empathize with how must feel. 

I just wanted to take time to highlight how brave it is to seek help on here and show you are a strong person and have lot of resilience to go to school when there are people bullying you. <3. I really hope you are able to hear that more than the horrible names you get called. 
    Does anybody have any ideas of how I can boost my confidence
    In finding way to build you confidence can be things like finding your uniqueness. I know you have a lot of hobbies like skating and gymnastics, and that's all so good and should be proud of that.  Shows you're active and talented. Would you agree?

Sometimes it's about becoming our own best friend. And being assertive with knowing your rights and that's to be treated well. 
    You may find this info helpful (hopefully can read that)

feel safe while around these horrible people?
    Do you have a safe place you like?  Like some people like the beach, woods, place with good memories ect. And when they feel unsafe they try to visualise it in their mind thinking about all their senses, what they see, hear, feel etc. For some people doesn't work but some people love to do that. So just wanted to say. As maybe could help to feel safe in mind.  And I know someone who loves the beach so always has something blue with her to help her visuals her safe place  

We are all here to listen cause you're definitely worthy of that time & support - not being bullied. <3
    I have a special tree with lots of flowers near the business block that I like to sit under. Sometimes I do my art, sometimes I just cry and sometimes I eat my lunch (mostly cry though.) Thank you so much for the self talk photo and for being so kind. 
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Kasa2103 said:
    Hi,

I feel sad, lonely and like everyone hates me and wants to bully me and make my life at school hell (even if I do deserve that.) I have also felt so low that I write horrible things about myself on paper, the boards and on my phone. I can never think of any nice things about myself which is simply sad but it is my life.

Over the past few weeks at school I have been bullied online, called horrible names, been threatened and had things thrown at me. It is simply horrible but I find it normal for me to go through. I feel scared and unsafe whenever I am at school. I feel sad about going back as well because I have loved staying in the safety of my house cuddled with my cats watching YouTube. I don't feel motivated at all to go to school ever. Even the thing about the trip in June or the horse riding, trampolining, sign language, board games and sports day/sit on the field and play on your phone whilst wearing sparkly dots and hair chalk day.

Does anybody have any ideas of how I can boost my confidence or feel safe while around these horrible people?

I can't report it because it just gets worse every time I report it and nobody ever does anything. It has gotten worse because the bullying started as name calling and threats. Then it increased to being online as well. Eventually it increased to being physical. They say they will do something but then never do. The only people who have tried to help are 3 amazing student support officers. And not one of those is even my student support officer which is quite crazy. 

I would also like to thank @Aife for helping me make this discussion and to paragraph it and make a title. It is appreciated a lot and you were very nice and helpful. :)
    Hey Kasa:smile:

How are you feeling today? 

I'm sorry to hear that you are being bullied, I understand how hard this is because I've gone through it and its horrible. I'm glad that you have three people who are there for you, that must be lovely. 

In terms of boosting your confidence I'd say that its about trying to do things that make you feel good, so as you said you enjoy staying at home maybe it would be worth finding a hobby that involves you going out and meeting a new group of people such as horse riding or something similar?  You have to try to remember that not everyone is horrible and I think its important to put yourself in situations that you find uncomfortable to help you too boost your confidence.

Sending you love and know that both me and everyone here is there for you, drop me a message anytime x