Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why am I awake

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    It’s 9.22 and I’m wide awake I’m not even tired now lol running off adrenaline. Feel hella anxious COs I couldn’t take my meds as they make me sleep lol. Got my presentation soon I’m on my way to college need to print that out and my essay and hand them in and present etc. Ahhh so stressed and my tummy hurts and ahhhh kill me lol
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Just thought I’d bring this back - guess who took her codeine too early so fell asleep way to early and is now wide wake 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    heyyy am I allowed to bring this back up? I get scared to make my own threads these days keep deleting them lol

anyway since a lot of people have messed up their sleeping patterns through lockdown it can feel lonely at night so thought this is good for a general chat or support 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    *?

and forgot to tag you @Jellyelephant

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie yeh dw I’m fine with it! Not sleeping well myself atm hope ur ok 
  • Options
    Thank you jelly! 

I hope you’re okay too. I’m here if you ever need anyone to talk to <3

i went to sleep at 4am last night and woke up at 6pm. Think I’ve turned nocturnal. But tomorrow I’m gunna wake up at 9am in attempt to change lol. Said that for the past week but more determined atm. 

Do you have any recommendations of things to watch.? @Jellyelephant
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2021
    Ahh @Shaunie ! I keep telling myself that too haha. I've set an alarm for 6.30 tomorrow though. I really want to try and have a walk and see the sunrise. I've been feeling really unmotivated recently so I think that's a bit of self care n' all that :tongue:
    Post edited by Past User on
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Ahh @Shaunie ! I keep telling myself that too haha. I've set an alarm for 6.30 tomorrow though. I really want to try and have a walk and see the runrise. I've been feeling really unmotivated recently so I think that's a bit of self care n' all that :tongue:
    Literally same lol. I sent my alarm for 7am but realised it’s unrealistic for me lol 😂 so unmotivated too. If I just do my washing tomorrow I’ll be proud  
  • Options
    @Shaunie haha I was awake til about 4am too! 

What kinda stuff do you like watching? X
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Shaunie haha I was awake til about 4am too! 

What kinda stuff do you like watching? X
    Comedies. Anything that Is easy watching that I don’t have to use my brain so much makes me feel clever lol.  I recommend watching back to life. That’s quite funny in it’s own way. 
    Atm I’m watching it’s kind of a funny story. Literally 2 mins in and it’s triggering Af already lol 
    he’s suicidal 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Oh yes I really need to sort my sleep out too :joy: I’m not doing too bad at the moment going to bed at about 1am and waking up at 9 ish, but any moment now (maybe tonight because I’m not remotely tired) I’m going to stay up really late again and then wake up late and that will be that lol. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Oh gosh this film is about a mental health ward. Think I’ll stop watching it now 
  • Options
    Oh yes I really need to sort my sleep out too :joy: I’m not doing too bad at the moment going to bed at about 1am and waking up at 9 ish, but any moment now (maybe tonight because I’m not remotely tired) I’m going to stay up really late again and then wake up late and that will be that lol. 
    That’s good! Hopefully you’ll keep it up. Or not if you don’t want to ahh
  • Options
    @Shaunie trouble is I have no real reason to keep that routine, so I always let it slip. I can keep a better routine for a couple of days then I just sleep all day again loll 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Shaunie these are some that I found funny:

- the let down 
    - drifters
    - dead to me
    - the IT crowd
    - fresh meat 
    - the job lot
    - insatiable
    - Derry girls
    - after life
    - can’t cope won’t cope

• Options
    @Jellyelephant I loooooove after life!!! What a good show!
  • Options
    Thank you! @Jellyelephant will have a go at the one I haven’t watched 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ahh ffs I’m still awake. Nearly 5
  • Options
    I dunno what time I was expecting to be able to sleep when I won’t up at 6pm lol
  • Options
    @Liam  did you wake up at 6:30? 
    I’m awake now only cause rang up for an appointment trying hard to not go back to sleep and get up ah
  • Options
    I tried @Shaunie :lol: I kept snoozing my alarm until around 7.30 :sleeping:

I was out of the house by 8 though in my pjs and wellies. Walked for 5 mins and then decided it was too wet and cold so went back home lol!

Looks like you were awake all night? aghhh
  • Options
    Liam said:
    I tried @Shaunie :lol: I kept snoozing my alarm until around 7.30 :sleeping:

I was out of the house by 8 though in my pjs and wellies. Walked for 5 mins and then decided it was too wet and cold so went back home lol!

Looks like you were awake all night? aghhh
    Ahh that’s good! Better than me I’m still in bed lol
  • Options
    At least you're still awake... gives you more chance of sleeping tonight?! @Shaunie :smiley:
  • Options
    Liam said:
    At least you're still awake... gives you more chance of sleeping tonight?! @Shaunie :smiley:
    Good point. Atleast it’s not 6pm lol
  • Options
    I admire the motivation @Liam I wouldn’t have gone out at all if it was cold and wet at 8am, so good for you!! :) 
  • Options
    Aww cheers @independent_ :lol: Tbh, I had promised the dog i'd take him on a walk in the morning so it felt wrong not to JUST INCASE he understood lol 
  • Options
    Tomorrow I can wake up early because I have blood tests at 9am. And defo wouldn’t just not turn up cause hate to waste nhs time. Let’s just hope I won’t go back to sleep afterwards though
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Who is still awake 😔
  • Options
    I am wide awake 
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    So am I @Jellyelephant it’s getting annoying 🥺