Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Public place

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
Wen u c a person who affected you in the past. In a public place. And they talk to you and they're not allowed to. Should u scream n shout n tell someone or should u stay quiet
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    You should definitely tell someone, just staying quiet isn't going to help the situation and if nothing gets done about it they're more than likely to do it again <3   
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

It can help to try to get out of a situation like that. If possible, you can try to ignore them, walk somewhere else (avoid going into less public areas) and if they won't leave you alone, tell them clearly that they aren't allowed to be talking to you and if they continue, you will tell someone. 

If they are a danger to you, you can always shout out things like 'get away from me'. They should leave you alone as it's likely they won't want to attract attention to themselves. You can also buy personal alarms that you can set off to scare the person away, if you are concerned that you will see them on a regular basis. 

If you are in a shopping center or similar place, you can always look out for security guards/other staff members and explain the situation to them and see if they can help. 

Lastly, it can be difficult when someone from our past attempts to make contact with us when they shouldn't be. We may get scared and panic and sometimes this can look like going quiet and "freezing". If this happens, try to get out of the situation when you can and call someone that you trust about what happened. It's okay if you get scared and go quiet, but it's important to try to keep safe and talk about it when you can. 

Take care <3 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.