Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Q&a about the past

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
I want to talk to someone or ask a question 

3yrs ago today I was raped should i ask someone if they want to simulate it or will that do more harm
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey. It's your life and decision buddy, and if you think you want to, then go ahead. Though from what I can hear, this isn't a very healthy way to cope <3

Sending you love and strength today and always <3
  • Options
    I think and I Dna what to do.
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I think there may be better ways to cope. Sorry youre struggling with this. 

But i think you will know deep down what to do and if its the right or wrong thing for you. 

All the best
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through. Have you had/are you getting support from anybody about this? We're here for you

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    SophiASophiA Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    Hey 
    i agree with @Shaunie and @kathleen0172 on this one, ultimately you know what is best for you and are able to make the decision that will benefit you most but is definitely something you should consider all of the options for and possibly talking to someone one on one about it could be the next step if you haven’t already.

Big love and respect to your strength in this difficult time  
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey @ellie2000

I'm so sorry that you're struggling. Ultimately, it's your body and your healing that's the priority. If you think reliving that experience will help you reclaim your power, there are ways to make sure you're safe. Have you gotten any support from a counsellor about this?
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000,

I just wanted to say you have been so brave to talk about this, and we are all here for you. I can see it's been a few days since you spoke on this thread so I was just wondering how you might be feeling at the moment?

It really is your decision, but that doesn't mean you have to make the decision alone. Have you received any support from anybody with this?

We are here for you! Take good care x
  • Options
    I felt icky. I self harmed again this week. which wasn't gd :'(

Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I go over the event every year in my head coz I know wat day it hpnd. wen it is comin up to the day, I panic
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000
    Thank you for being open and honest about the ways you have been feeling. It sounds like you've been going through a tough time lately, but you are doing the right thing by talking about it - we are here for you :heart:

You mentioned you self harmed this week, and I am just wondering if you have received any support for this before? You don't have to go through this alone. There are lots of coping strategies that people find useful when they are feeling this way; sometimes we have to try a few different ones until we find the one that works best for us and that is completely okay. Childline have a great article about coping techniques here. You might also find some useful information on https://www.selfharm.co.uk. :heart:

It sounds like the day of the event is a difficult day for you, and that's completely understandable. I think it's really important to have a support network around that day, to help you through things. Is there anybody who you would feel comfortable confiding in to ask for support on the day? It is always completely okay to ask for help - you really deserve to feel supported. Also, always remember we will be here for you - to support you and find the best support for you. 

Take good care x
  • Options
    it takes a lot to tell ppl. I just burst into tears nd ppl workout n thts wen I tell ppl. im goin on holiday which is gd, Toronto :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    abuse told me to shutup :( 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @ellie2000

It's understandable for this to feel like the hardest thing telling people. It takes a lot of strength to go through the trauma again and it sounds like it's feeling very raw for you. Like Coc0mac said, it's important to have a support network around you because you really do deserve to be supported through this and it's not easy going through these things alone. How do you feel when you're able to tell people about what happened? 

That's really nice you're going away on holiday soon. I really hope you get the break you deserve <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    telling not the right ppl like friends make them leave. im getting pointed in the right direction finally :) organisations that deal with the issues tht I am dealing with
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    edited May 2019
    Hey @ellie2000

That's really positive to hear you're being pointed in the right direction finally. It sounds like you've been struggling quite a lot on your own for a while now. What support are you receiving from these organisations? 

Keep us updated with how everything is going. We're here to support you through this too <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    edited May 2019
    Hi @ellie2000

I just wanted to echo @Aife that we are all here to listen and support you ❤️ It’s great to hear that you’re starting to get support. The first step in recovery is to open up and talk about what happened so I think it’s incredible that you’ve been able to do that and shows just how strong you are!