Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chat break (15/04-22/04)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited April 2019 in Community Announcements

April is upon us, which means we're due our next chat break week. There will be no group chats on the week of the 15th April, from Monday-Sunday. The usual group chat schedule will return on the Monday 22nd.

What is a 'group chat break'?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chat sessions. We use these periods as a chance to gather up the feedback we've received from you all, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on. Sometimes, we also have opportunities to get involved with something a little different, like a project.

How often do we have them?
Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August.

What will we be doing for this one?
As well as the usual reflection on how things are going more generally, there will be a chance to give your feedback on something we're developing for a project (unrelated to the community). More on that to come...

Will there be a quiz?
Yep! We'll be holding our usual Easter quiz, on Tuesday 16th, from 7-8pm. We'll post a separate announcement for this, where we'll let you know what prizes are on offer and the ways you can get involved.

I still need support. Where can I go?
If you'd like some quick, live support while chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one helpline. You can get in touch in three ways - phone, webchat and email. Call for free on 0808 808 4994.

If you're at breaking point, our Crisis Messenger is also open as usual. Text THEMIX to 85258.

These discussion boards will also be open as normal.

----
Feel free to post below if you have any questions. :)

Cheers everyone,
Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    Psss. @The Mix  you’ve got 2 different dates for the quiz - says the 16th on the quiz thread and the 9th on here 😉
    Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    Psss. @The Mix  you’ve got 2 different dates for the quiz - says the 16th on the quiz thread and the 9th on here 😉

So we did! The 19th is correct. Good spot @Millie2787. ;)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    I got a good eye 😂 also @The Mix i think you mean 16th 😉😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I got a good eye 😂 also @The Mix i think you mean 16th 😉😂😂
    That's the one...

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    can someone tell me what the first date is that chat is back on? ive got a bit muddled up
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    can someone tell me what the first date is that chat is back on? ive got a bit muddled up
    Tomorrow i think
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thank you @Shaunie that’s right chats are back tomorrow 22nd April. I’ll be modding! Hope to see you both there!

- Aife 

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    The Mix said:
    Thank you @Shaunie that’s right chats are back tomorrow 22nd April. I’ll be modding! Hope to see you both there!

- Aife 
    Yay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Ah ok thanks guys lol - cant wait I will be there yayyyyyyyyy
    The sun will rise and we will try again