Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Workshop chat: How can technology make policy interesting? (18/04/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited April 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

We have an exciting opportunity that you might be interested in getting involved in :) 

The Mix and the British Youth Council have been working alongside the government to help create better ways for young people to be involved in the development of policy. Head over to this thread to read all about the exciting work we've been doing. 

We're really interested to hear your thoughts on what digital tools would make policy interesting and accessible. This week, we'll be holding an online discussion in one of our chat rooms where you will be able to discuss your thoughts.

When will this online discussion be happening?
This will be run on Thursday 18th April 6-8pm. 

How can I sign up?
If you’re interested in taking part, complete this form and let us know which days you’re available to attend the group chat. We will send you an email in the next few days with some more information. 

Hope you can join us :) 

Aife & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Ahhh when I click to go over to the other thread I get this 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    @Aife No I get the same thing 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Hey @Millie2787

Oopsy I forgot to unhide our new 'Change the World' area! You should be able to see it now :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Hey @Millie2787

Oopsy I forgot to unhide our new 'Change the World' area! You should be able to see it now :) 

Ohhh @Aife trying to break the boards again 😉
    So funny! It took me so long to work out :)

james corden facepalm GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Proves that even females are sometimes a bit stupid. 😉 I managed to sign up for both days. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    Hey everyone,

We've confirmed the date for this workshop chat and we'll be running it tomorrow Thursday 18th April. There's still time to sign up if you'd like to come along. If you're interested, you can sign up using this form.

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    @The Mix really random question but will one of you be in the chat aswell kinda like Modding/ facilitating It if that makes sense🤣
    Hey @Millie2787

Great question! Italia will be modding the chat :) 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

- Aife

The Mix said:
    Hey @Millie2787

Great question! Italia will be modding the chat :) 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

- Aife
    Ohhh Aife speedy replying today 🤣 and thank you :) 

I signed up for the workshop. I received an email yesterday saying that I will get an email today about the room and password but I haven't received my email yet. Sorry if I am seeming like a pest but I am worried that I won't receive the email on time. If @The Mix could try and find out the password could someone tell me so I can attend the workshop tonight? Thank you 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Hey @Kasa2103

Thanks for your message. We'll be sending out an email with all the information shortly. Keep an eye out for an email. Hope it goes well tonight :) 

- Aife

The Mix said:
    Hey @Kasa2103

Thanks for your message. We'll be sending out an email with all the information shortly. Keep an eye out for an email. Hope it goes well tonight :) 

- Aife
    Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it isn't weird that someone my age wants to join in with the discussion.
    I might be a little bit late as I am waiting for dinner to be ready. I'll try and definitely arrive by 6:30pm.
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for letting me know @Kasa2103 we'll be spending the first 10 minutes doing an opening question so hopefully you won't miss too much. 

Thanks again for signing up :)

- Aife

Hi Everyone,

I am just having some trouble logging in.  Almost sorted though, will be there very shortly :)

Thanks
    Italia

Such an amazing workshop. Thank you so much Italia, Dorina and Wayne for modding and to everyone else who came. I learnt so much and got to share my opinions. 😊
  • HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Kasa2103 said:
    Such an amazing workshop. Thank you so much Italia, Dorina and Wayne for modding and to everyone else who came. I learnt so much and got to share my opinions. 😊
    Thanks @Kasa2103 and to everybody else who joined in yesterday! Your time and feedback is really appreciated and really useful to us so thank you 😊 Any questions about the project feel free to ask, and we'll keep you all posted!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨