Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lyrics/poem

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
Hey <3 I wrote this poem thing in a few hours total - it's just a few lines inspired by how I feel, really... :lol: It's probably terrible, but regardless, feel free to give me your honest, even if it's brutal, opinion. I may edit or recreate it into song lyrics at some point. Maybe PTW*
--------------------------

A war within my mind
It shatters my heart
This wave of sadness will never go
Don't want to stay here
Close my eyes, disappear
I'm lost, forgotten and on my own

Alive isn't living
All the air is missing
Help me breathe, take me out of the dark 

A battle for my life
Tired of fighting
I don't think I'm going to make it out
Give me a protection
A sense of direction
I'm just a ghost, wandering around

Alive isn't living
All the air is missing 
Help me breathe, take me out of the dark 

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    This is really good <3, much better than what i can do ahaha

Do you find it easier to write when its based on your emotions ? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    @Millie2787 thank you lots! <3 And I'm sure you can do great x

Do you find it easier to write when its based on your emotions ? 
    Hm... I guess so. I think if I write something, it almost always is going to have some of my feelings in it. And when I do write, it's often gonna be about what I'm feeling. At the same time, it can be really hard to find a starting point, or the right words to use - I think music is probably more my thing than words lol. But as you can tell by that poem, I'm trying to practice :/
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    But in a way that poem could be interpreted as Song lyrics because in a way i think song lyrics have to have a poetic essence about them if it makes sense ?

poems don't have to rhyme or have a specific structure to them, they can be ask short or as long as you like.

That said we all have our own mediums that were naturally better at writing like for me i'm definitely  much more of a poem person that a story person
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @kathleen0172

This is a really well written poem. You should write more often :) 

I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I hope you're okay, sending you hugs <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    @Aife thank you :3 Sending hugs to you too <3