Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

April photo challenge

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone,

It's time for another photo challenge!

• 1st April - april fools
  • 2nd April - spring
  • 3rd April - your favourite place
  • 4th April - throwback Thursday
  • 5th April - relaxing
  • 6th April - something you're watching on Netflix
  • 7th April - a book you're reading
  • 8th April - something pink
  • 9th April - flowers 
  • 10th April - gift
  • 11th April - 5pm
  • 12th April - favourite song 
  • 13th April - artsy 
  • 14th April - your view
  • 15th April - ice cream
  • 16th April - a memory 
  • 17th April - starts with A
  • 18th April - best invention 
  • 19th April - something you're grateful for
  • 20th April - sunset 
  • 21st April - egg
  • 22nd April - earth (for Earth Day today)
  • 23rd April - something new
  • 24th April - something you're looking forward to
  • 25th April - self-care
  • 26th April - morning routine 
  • 27th April - favourite quote
  • 28th April - sunday vibes
  • 29th April - something blue
  • 30th April - something you're proud of this month

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting some photo ideas for the next challenge, a weekly challenge idea, or writing something for the newsletter let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife & the team

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Oops spring from yesterday - Blossom on the tree 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is lovely @Millie2787! I love blossom :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    My fave place is the town in where my niece . I love the church 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My fave place, the pub haha, no but seriously I have cried with both sadness and happiness, had long very needed rants, a catchup with friends, meeting old friends and new, everything happens at the pub lol 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    3 years ago when we went to Porthmadog

Throwback to the time when my dad took me out for a posh discharge day meal but we were late cause I wanted to crush cars in a monster truck instead 👌 also found out crushing cars is a great stress reliever 😂 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Relaxing while I do some colouring from a book a friend got me 😊 about to head over to my sisters to steal her bath and use a bath bomb too! (I seriously own too many for someone who only has a shower 🤷😂) 

Day 7 - a book I’m reading. So far so good! 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited April 2019
    Day 7- Do sudokus count? They are puzzle books. Who doesn't love a good sudoku? 😂

Post edited by Dancer on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Hey @Kasa2103 of course that counts as a book! I love sudoku!  
    @Aife Are you able to complete the hard ones? If so please teach me how. 😂😉
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Still reading this book but nearly finished it .. would highly recommend 👌 

I’m reading this one 

I can't upload photos for some reason but I can say what something pink is around me. 

Day 8- One of my many bottles of nail polish

Day 9 (I'll be offline most of tomorrow so doing it in advance-) I tried to make a flower bouquet for myself but it didn't work so there is no photo.

Day 10 (gonna be offline for most of the day-) My mum still being alive and all the lovely people and support on The Mix.

@BubblesGoesBoo I just finished this book last week! Such a great book. I really like Bryony Gordon. Her podcasts are great too!

@Millie2787 this is on my list of books to read too. Hope you're enjoying it :) 

@Kasa2103 aww thanks for sharing what you photos are! Love what you've put for Day 10. I've just changed your permissions so hopefully you can upload photos now. 

Day 8- Well at least it looks pink. 
    The thumb, middle finger and little finger have the pink polish on.
    Lovely colour @Kasa2103

Day 8 - something pink. My rose gold water bottle and the pink weekly challenge photo in the background! 

All the pages and front cover in my notebook have pink in them

Aife said:
    Lovely colour @Kasa2103

Day 8 - something pink. My rose gold water bottle and the pink weekly challenge photo in the background! 

Thanks Aife. Love your water bottle. 
    Gift - when I was inpatient my friends couldn't get me anything for Christmas cause contraband and all that shit, so instead they wrote me letters basically saying how much they love me, I kept every one and still read them when I'm struggling  <3

5pm - spent it writing in my journal and watching friends 👌😁 

My 5pm was and still is spent waiting in the GP waiting room to see someone 😂 becoming my second home there soon be a seat with my name on 
    Being lazy on the sofa eating sweets. 
    At my dad's today and this is the view from my old bedroom window, I miss waking up to this  ... also ignore how dirty the window is, it's too cold to go out and take a photo haha 

Outside the window at my friends flat. 

Top: Day
    Bottom: Night

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Today is ice cream day but since I don't have ice cream you can see the cup that once had my reasonably priced slush in it(drank it too quick,  now it's juice. Just imagine it's blue and icy 😂)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Memory -Found my year book and this is my favourite message out of them all from my Y10 English teacher

Another memory was 3 years ago today the last conversation I had with NaN was she was convinced the Nurses has been slipping her vodka instead of water in her jug 🤣❤️
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Grateful of this cute lil pooch!!!! 🐕🐶🐶

He was yarning and streching after his nap under the bed!! Cuteee!!!  His lil tongue lol. Just wanna squash/hug him all the time 😭😭😭😭😭 <3<3<3<3<3 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley