Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General Chat 27.03.19

13»

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hahaha thé amount of times I’ve walked out cuz a kid has hit or spat at me 😂😂😂😂

I see you’ve changed your picture again 🤦🏻‍♀️
    haha! oh dear. If it helps I'm always being hit at work, people with dementia don't understand the strength they have, I got punched in my chest on Monday, not much fun. 
    Yeah I've changed it back to my old profile picture. Decided I liked it more. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Stephanie said:

haha! oh dear. If it helps I'm always being hit at work, people with dementia don't understand the strength they have, I got punched in my chest on Monday, not much fun. 
    Yeah I've changed it back to my old profile picture. Decided I liked it more. :heart:
    Ouch 😮 your be suprises how much strength little children have aswell they may only be up to 5 but wow they can be strong 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited March 2019
    Pssssss @shauine and @Jellyelephant we can have a party when Stephanie goes for the night 😉😂😉
    Lol go for it, as long as your respecting the guidelines and each other, which I know you will, have a party it's fine. :heart: I'll be snoozing, Zzzz
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Stephanie said:

Ouch 😮 your be suprises how much strength little children have aswell they may only be up to 5 but wow they can be strong 😂
    I know, I looked after small humans for 9 years :heart:

That reminds me need to take my necklace tonight otherwise I’ll be strangled again tonight and probs tomorrow if one of them yank of it 

ohhh when they see my braces is the funniest thing ever 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    That reminds me need to take my necklace tonight otherwise I’ll be strangled again tonight and probs tomorrow if one of them yank of it 

ohhh when they see my braces is the funniest thing ever 
    Small humans are very cute :heart:

Gooodnight Stephanie I think I might go to sleep now 😂
    Right Folks!

It's been great chatting this evening, hope this thread has helped with not having chat on tonight. Hope you all have lovely weeks, and I'll be back chatting on Tuesday. Feel free to carry on chatting on this thread.

Take care everyone :heart: 

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    YouTube, gymnastics, trying to not almost end up in a&e again, hoping ChatWee doesn't break down again, getting people to punch me, ice skating, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, sleep, annoy the neighbours with my music, dance, dance, dance, cry. Oh yeah and homework. 😴 At least my homework is to watch Netflix (no lie.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    That is a really unkind thing for a child to do. I am so sorry to hear that it happens.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Stephanie said:

Aww Stephanie. So sorry to hear that. People with dementia can't understand their strength but you should still never be hit. I hope that you are ok now. *hugs* 
    Kasa2103 said:
    That is a really unkind thing for a child to do. I am so sorry to hear that it happens.
    It’s fine they have Additional needs and we have our phrases we use about good choices and not good choices :)
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Sorry I went for a shower lol. All tucked up in bed now watching gossip girl  ;)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Kasa2103 said:
    It’s fine they have Additional needs and we have our phrases we use about good choices and not good choices :)

Oh ok. Special Needs is hard to deal with but I  used to special needs kids. I have autism, I am friends with an autistic boy, I have a cousin with speech delay, I know a little girl from a hotel with down syndrome and a boy from my primary school has down syndrome. I am glad to hear that you have and use phrases about good and bad choices. It is the easiest way to communicate with special needs kids. I have even taken the time to learn BSL and Makaton. 😊😊😊😊😊😊 I completely understand how hard it is. Dm me if you ever wanna talk to me. ❤