Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

What have you done today to look after yourself?

JellyelephantJellyelephant NoobPosts: 645 Extreme Poster
edited November 2018 in Positivity Corner
Thought we could use this thread as a little space to post positive things that we have achieved each day, that are good for our wellbeing. 

So, for example, today I have watched a film in bed and I washed my hair. I also made the effort to go see my GP, get my blood test done and pick up my medication for the week. 

Today has been a bit of a self care day for me!

What have you done today that to look after yourself? 

x
Tagged:
ShauniefadedangelSalix_alba_2019

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,819 The Mix Elder
    Jelly <3. Glad youre done lots of self care today. Hope youre okay. 

Havent really done much today. But really wanna have a bath tonight
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
    JellyelephantButterfly23
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,333 Fanatical Poster
    Does crying count? like it seems sad but i feel i neglect my emotions sometimes and all i need is a good cry, i don't talk or ramble enough so its my way of just calming down x :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"Maybe it's not my weekend,  but it's gonna be my year" ~ All Time Low

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    Jellyelephant[Deleted User]ShauniefadedangelButterfly23
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,450 Mega Poster
    I went to work :lol:  might not be much but it's good for me, being around people and its a distraction from my thoughts, I like being busy :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    fadedangel
  • Laine said:
    Does crying count? like it seems sad but i feel i neglect my emotions sometimes and all i need is a good cry, i don't talk or ramble enough so its my way of just calming down x :)
    Crying is a good release even if we feel so awful durig the time of our tears. Crying also is in part, healing. It lets out all those bottled up feelings and it doesn't matter one bit if it's self-pity. Crying is good and I'm pleased that you have been.

I've had a good boo today. And feel better for it. Also, I did some light exercise, especially on this left leg and it is feeling easier and less painful to walk on.
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Noob Posts: 645 Extreme Poster
    Slept for ages, and spent the day in my pajamas watching films 
    fadedangelButterfly23
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 Rampant Poster
    I had a nice warm shower and washed my hair for once then I even blow dried it quite proud of that :)
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    LaineShaunieJellyelephantButterfly23
    Had a nap 🙃
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
    BubblesGoesBooJellyelephantButterfly23
    Tried to tidy my room
    JellyelephantButterfly23
    Wrote today's worries in a journal and gave myself an hour time slot to worry(this was at 7) :) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

ShaunieJellyelephantButterfly23
    Eat
    BubblesGoesBooLaineButterfly23
    Allowed myself to have a little meltdown and then moved on from it :)

It's good to just let ourselves have that sad or frustrated moment sometimes xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

ShaunieButterfly23
    Tried to drink a lot of water 
    Butterfly23
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,450 Mega Poster
    Knew there was a thread like this! Why isn't this used more? BE KIND TO YOURSELF PEOPLE!  <3

Today I bought a hair mask and oil to try get my hair undamaged from all the heat/dying/pulling and everything else I put my hair through basically 😂 trying to tackle a new small thing every week, and the small things will add up and hopefully I'll be back to my old self 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    ShaunieButterfly23