Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Time to Talk Day

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey everyone, 

So today is Time to Talk day, I thought it would be a cool idea to start a thread, maybe sharing how we have had conversations about our mental health. 

I try to be honest and open about my mental health struggles, and I think it's really important to share how we're feeling, there is still at stigma attached to mental health and there shouldn't be. 

Some of the ways I've opened up about my mental health are over texts, sometimes while having a catch up with a friend. 

Please lets all talk about mental health and hopefully end the stigma around it. 

:heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I maybe let my problems get to a sort of crisis point before I started talking about them and even then and now I’m still scared to talk about things in fear of saying the wrong thing and making others worse or the fear that I’ll be told my problems will be stupid or pathetic or that I’m overreacting.

Me and my sister will have the occasional conversation here and there tends to be if she picks me up for CAMHS.

Me and one of my friends have a system of coloured heart emojis that we saw on Facebook the one time and each day at different points in the day we have check ins where we send each other that colour heart for how we’re doing . 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787

Thank you for sharing, :heart:

Sorry to hear how you feel about sharing things, I guess it makes things difficult, remember we are always here for you to talk about things in this safe little online community.

I like that idea of colour coding, thank you for sharing that also, I think it could help others. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for sharing that colour code system @Millie2787 <3

I do have a bad habit of keeping thing to myself and then my emotions just seem to explode and others find out how I have been feeling because of that explosion. But I do try to be honest with people through text (I'm not good talking face to face so texting works best for me). I also really like online communities, like The Mix, as an open space to share feelings :) 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Maisy

Thank you for sharing :heart:

Sounds positive that you can talk through texts, I think it is difficult to talk face to face sometimes, 

Yeah online communities are great for sharing things, and I love what @The Mix  is about, everyone is super friendly and there is always somebody around when people need to talk about things. :heart:

Post edited by *BananaMonkey* on