Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Intrusive Thoughts

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hey,

So along with being sexually averse I'm also having intrusive thoughts. Like I'll be eating a sandwich and suddenly I'll picture my work colleague having sex with their partner. It really makes me feel uneasy. 

I'm not sure what I want from making a thread about this but I see this as a safe space to say it and not feel sick about it.

Skye
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2019
    Heyy

This is definetly a safe place to say it :)

I can see how this could make you feel uncomfortable and maybe annoying

though i know this isnt the same - but i used to get weird intrusive thoughts of doing weird things loll like i remember being in school and thinking like about like what would happen if i started dancing on the table hahha. Or if i was in a new class what would happen if i started singing like we was in some musical. (Never did any of it lol) still sometimes think about weird things but not all the time. And guess all get randomthoughts. But anyway lol my point is that the more i thought about the thoughts and how annoying it was - the more harder to get rid of the thoughts. The thoughts did get annoying lol so when i thought about it - i didnt give much energy to it and accepted the thought & gave less attention to it the more would disappear. I didnt think like "this is annoying and need to stop thinking about it" cause the more i did that the more ironically i would think about it. So i just accepted it and accepted the fact that the thoughts could come back too ect. 

Have you got anyone to advise you about this? 

Sorry if not helpful. I hope youre okay today

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @SkyeIsNotTheLimit

I used to get this quite a bit...! I found the more I thought about things like that, the more I tried to stop myself, and then the more I couldn't stop myself thinking about it. Really annoying. Actually really similar to what @Shaunie has said above. So you're not alone with this!!

I think you mentioned in your other post you have signed up to counselling - can you discuss this with them too if so?? 

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend