Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling paranoid

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello l really need some help please as I am starting to feel even more paranoid now about like I think that people are saying negative things about certain things like dating websites and some other things having a minimum age requirement of 18 and also I feel paranoid that people are starting to say things about young adults over 18 moving on to adult services when no one should be saying anything about these things at all and I want everyone to accept these things like that whether they like or agree with them or not as I am sick of being paranoid and I am sick and tired of people saying things about certain things or everything having a minimum age requirement of 18 as it is starting to mess up my life and it is stopping me from enjoying myself too.

Comments

• Options
    SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi Sholay!
    I completely agree that age restrictions can feel annoying, and you have every right to feel that you shouldn't be held back from something based on age, many people feel this way even if they don't always express it. 
    Realistically, age restrictions will always be put in place because they help to set a standard for safety, as there always needs to be a guide somewhere to ensure young people (and all people really) are safe and that the right people are responsible if there is any issue. What that also means is that so long as you're being safe, the negative things people might be saying might be less applicable to you? 
    Sorry to hear that it's making you feel paranoid, and I hope airing your thoughts has helped and that you feel better soon. It would be great to know how you feel after a little while? 
    All the best and wishing you a great holiday, 
    Seven
  • Options
    Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    edited December 2018
    Thank you Seven but it is a shame that no one has replied to my other post I have sent yesterday about adoption yet. 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sometimes depending on the post it may not get replies if people don't feel they can add anything to the topic and or are too busy at that moment.
    It can be rather upsetting if you don't receive any replies but try not to take it personally :)

Echoing seven: age restrictions are likely to always be there  as they do set a guiding for safety for all to follow.
    I hope this has helped you talking about it but we're looking here if you need any further support or have further questions xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Sholay09,

Totally get the paranoid feeling, as some people will always be negative about things that you will not agree with. For this reason I think it's important to understand that not everyone is going to agree on everything, just look at anything in politics to see that! Hope you are OK and that posting here has made you feel a bit better? Do you want to talk about why you feel it is messing up your life?

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend