Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chat break (31/12-13/01)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
The holidays are approaching, which means it's almost time for our routine break from group chats. 

What is a 'chat break week'?

Some of you will already know this, but for those of you newer to the community...

Roughly three times a year, we have a week where we take a break from running group chat sessions. We use these periods as a chance to gather your feedback, review it as a team, and see if there are any changes we can make to the community. We also use them as a chance to get more specific feedback on any projects we're working on.

How often do we have them?

Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August, and last for a week. However, this time it's a little different. Due to a particularly big project we're working on, and also because mod availability is a little patchy, this break is going to last for two weeks rather than one.

When is this one?

The next chat break will be from the 31st December, with the normal schedule returning on the 14th of January.

What will we be working on during the break?

Our main focus will be a big behind the scenes project to do with our volunteer training. However, You might have noticed we've been gradually re-writing these threads, and by chat break we should have finished them, so we'll also be starting a discussion asking for your thoughts and feedback around that. :)

Will there be a quiz?

Of course! We'll schedule a quiz in a bit closer to the time and give it a dedicated thread.

Where else can I go for support?

If you'd like some quick, live support while chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one helpline. They chat to people through three channels - phone, webchat and email. Our discussion boards and Crisis Messenger will also be open as normal.

Any questions, feel free to comment below. :) 

Cheers everyone,
Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I Know the break is from the 31st but do you also stop any times for the Christmas period? The 20th is when I'll do Wayne's Christmas message so was wondering if that will go ahead :) xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Two whole weeks! At least the mods get training and deserved time off with their families. And Leanne can finally have time where her cat is near the laptop being weird. 😂😂😂😂😉😉😉😉
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Laine

We're hoping to keep chats running as usual over Christmas and the run up to chat break week. Our Christmas Day chat might be slightly different like last year and just be a General Chat. We'll be posting an announcement about The Mix's services over Christmas soon :) 

A Christmas message for Wayne sounds lovely :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Meggles said:
    2 whole weeks? Enough time for a trip to Barbados for the mods ;)
    Yeah. Haha.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Any update with the quiz? 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    louisa982 said:
    Any update with the quiz? 
    Great question @Louisa982. We'll be running it this month but it'll be a bit later than usual. The announcement will be going up this week. :)

Mike & the team