Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chats tonight (Tuesday 20/11/18)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
**Please note: we've been having some tech issues recently (we're looking into them), so if you can't get in via the link mentioned below, try this one.**

Morning everyone,

Tonight, we have a few chats running, all from 8-9:30pm.

Women & Men-only Chats: Places to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment with people of a similar gender identity. Anyone is welcome to attend the room they identify with most at the time. Non-binary and non-conforming folks are welcome in whichever space they're most comfortable.

Andy will be modding Men-only, and Imogen & Elijah will be modding Women-only.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Stephanie & Carolyn will be modding.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Please refer to our FAQ if you have any questions during the session. If you have a question you can't find an answer for, the moderators will be there to help you out.

It's best to keep to one room at a time. You can click 'close' in the top right menu to leave a room.

Have a good one,
Mike :)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Quick update here: Andy can't make it this evening, so we're going to have Support Chat instead of the gender-specific ones to make it accessible to everybody. Apologies to those who prefer those spaces, but this seems like the fairest way to do it. :) 

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    This always happens 😂😉 Why not just change the men only mod?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Meggles said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Because mods also have jobs and other commitments.
    This is volunteering basis remember and the mods take time out of their lives to do this
    In the last 5 months how many gender specific chats were cancelled 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2018
    Kasa2103 said:
    Meggles said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Because mods also have jobs and other commitments.
    This is volunteering basis remember and the mods take time out of their lives to do this
    In the last 5 months how many gender specific chats were cancelled 
    @Kasa2103  Don’t matter how many was cancelled, like      @meggles said they’ve got other commitments buddy and can’t always do it , same goes for all the other chats and it might be he’s the only Male mod who can do this day but may be other things the past few months that have got in the way trust me the amount of times I’ve had to stay behind at placement or volunteering and cancel other things becasue something’s important come up 😂😂
    Post edited by Millie2787 on
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited November 2018
    It does happen, @Kasa2103. Our moderators are all volunteers and do move around a fair bit, and because we only have a few guys on the team, it's harder to cover Men-only Chat when someone becomes unavailable. That said, totally hear it's not ideal - point taken.

It's okay for people to give feedback, folks - we're happy to hear what people think when they do so respectfully. :) Appreciate you all chipping in with different perspectives.

Mike & the team

This discussion has been closed.