Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All things Netflix (and recommendations too )

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    vampire diarieees! :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Recommend Santa Clarita Diet. They have new episodes. So so weird but funny
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    The original British version of House of Cards is absolutely terrific! My aunt found it a while back on Netflix. Francis Urquhart played by Ian Richardson manoeuvres himself through blackmail, manipulation and murder to the post of Prime Minister. It's so brilliant that we bought the box set.
  • PuffinEthicsPuffinEthics Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    I've been watching Only Fools and Horses, and its taking me back to watching it with my dad when i was a kid!

Everyone is telling me to watch Love, what are people's thoughts on it?

There's a film called The VVitch which I went to see in the cinema that's on netflix now, its heralded as a type of horror / thriller and I thought it was amazing!

I like british dark indie stuff so if anyone knows of anything on netflix like that then let me know! :)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Not so much Netflix, but I've recently been rewatching The 100 on Prime Video, and maaan. All the feels. I also rewatched Marvel's Agents of Shield - another consistent tear jerker! Such amazing characters in both, and for those of you into dark indie music, The 100 has a killer soundtrack.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    If anyone cares I am aware there is new episodes of Riverdale coming weekly season 2 episode 18 is out at the moment
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Abigail wrote: »
    If anyone cares I am aware there is new episodes of Riverdale coming weekly season 2 episode 18 is out at the moment

This is amazing news @Abigail I've been waiting weeks for a new episode!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Anyone watching Bates Motel?
    quite distrubing
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GretaGreta Deactivated Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    edited June 2018
    I just finished watching Mindhunter which is about detectives working on criminal profiling by interviewing serial killers - cool stuff :) Before that I was watching Brooklyn 99 which is a really funny show about cops in New York City!
    Post edited by Greta on
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I've finally been catching up on season 2 of Dirk Gently, the first season was so good and this one is shaping up to be just as great! Definitely very weird and confusing to watch but every episode is so interesting and funny. =)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Cant cope, wont cope
    Stranger things
    Atypical
    Glitch
    The Job Lot. —Is a comedy. I think is quite funny & easy to watch if dont have much concentration. Think is on ITV aswell 
    Dont suppose anyone has Amazon Prime aswell & have any recommendations? :)
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    @Aife new episode of Riverdale is out now. I heard 20 episodes in this series being realised weekly from today. Every week at 8am. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    @Abigail yayy I'm so excited! I'm planning to watch it tonight :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Kissing Booth is quite good if you like seeing kissing and fighting. I watched it in music and I couldn't stop laughing.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited November 2018
    I recently stormed through Sense8. Not something you can look at with too much of a critical eye, but it tells such a beautifully emotional and poetic story of human connection that I don't care about the flaws.

Also just finished the final season of House of Cards. Spoiler-filled rant below if you haven't seen it. ;) 

I really think they could have made a more satisfying ending. I'm all for ambiguous and open endings, but Robin Wright was so freaking amazing at the lead role and deserved a better finale than that. SO much potential for a more dramatic, emotional and more powerful ending. 

I get that Claire killing Doug brought things 'full circle' from episode 1 but it doesn't mean much without tying up all the other loose ends. What about Janine and the story? What about the impending nuclear strike? What about Claire's fate? What about Frank's legacy? What about Nathan? What about the Shepherds? What about Seth?

You can't not resolve so many stories. I NEED MORE ANSWERS.

GAH

edited November 2018
    recently stormed through Sense8. Not something you can look at with too much of a critical eye, but it tells such a beautifully emotional and poetic story of human connection that I don't care about the flaws.
    @Mike Ive started watching Sense8. Seems quite good

The Haunting of Hill House

edited November 2018
    Omg i havent even wrote The Skins on this thread. Such a good tv series!! Theres a lot of esposide but somehow ive managed to watch them all atleast twice

also love American Horror stories
    edited November 2018
    Just finished Season 1 of Jessica Jones, and my gosh, what a series. Can't recommend enough. I ended up watching it all over the course of a few days.

Although it's set in the Marvel universe, it manages to tell an incredibly human story of a woman's abuser returning to her life and how she decides to deal with it. The powers and superhero stuff is just the subtle icing on the cake. It's very dark and not a conventional superhero story, but has some of the best writing Marvel has ever produced in my opinion. Also, the casting is terrific and David Tenant as Kilgrave makes for one of my favourite TV villains of all time.

[trailer]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE
    Kissing Booth
    Just Like Heaven
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited January 2019
    I've started watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo! Has anyone else watched this? 

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’ve just started watching a programme called ‘Sex Education’ on Netflix and it’s great, would highly, highly recommend!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited January 2019
    Feel like I’ve totally spammed ‘anything goes’area atm lol sorry

but has anyone tried out the interactive film on Netflix called “Black Mirror Bandersnatch”???

Where you can chose what the characters do and it give you options. I  started for a bit but didn’t have time to finished it. But anyway I quite liked it because it is different in the way it’s done.  But like surely the whole point in a film is because you don’t know whats going to happen.

But is good cause get control & different
    Anyone watching the sinner? 

Also recently watched Dirty John and thats based on true story and is quite horrible 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I actually watched Russian Doll with my family recently and that was really good! Kind of confusing and mind-bending in places but so interesting, the mystery of it all pulls you a ton.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Ive just finished the worst witch lol - I know is childish but reminds me of my childhood lol 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Beyonce's homecoming documentary! She's so talented!
    Mamma Mia!!!!! Absolutely best film ever (except for Marley and Me- if you watch please get tissues for the end.)
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    @Shaunie I watched the first season of The Sinner and loved it! Haven't started season 2 yet though - have you?

I am watching Brooklyn 99 at the moment - really funny!