Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Really lost and confused right now:(

Ifeel really rubbish. I had an assessment today and it was less than an hour. The man said i had classic signs of anxiety and depression... I told him I've had the highest level of CBT that self referal can give me and he I basically felt like he didn't listen to the mood swings and the 'highs' I get. Then he called me later on saying I had to call the self referal talking therapies to then get them to call the CMHT? I don't know.. is this normal? I just feel even more confused than before and I feel really really rubbish and silly:(

Comments

• Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Hey. I know that the process of getting treatment for mental health issues can be time-consuming and confusing at times. I would try to ask for more advice if you're unsure about something. There is a lot of information to take in during each session, so you're definitely not being silly when you start to feel a little confused by it all. 

If you can, it might be worth writing down what you want to say and contacting him again just to clarify some things. It might make the process easier, and you could also be more prepared and maybe take notes of what you're next steps should be so that you don't just forget them once the session is over.

I hope everything goes well for you  <3