Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you shower in the morning or night?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2018 in General Chat
I was reading that what time you shower apperently has an affect. So just wondering what others do. & if you google it, it comes up with all sorts of reason & apperently is better at night for skin & body. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5359715/amp/A-nighttime-shower-better-morning-wash.html

Some of you probably dont care either way lol 

I shower every morning cause i like to feel clean every morning and cause dont do it at night because i always say i will but end up getting no energy by that time & for some reason i feel like my hair get gressy more quickly at night but now i think a shower makes me tired but kinda makes me feel partly ready for the day and i think maybe if i shower at night wil sleep earlier. I dk
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Do you shower in the morning or night? 9 votes

Morning
44%
AifeJustVAzzimanMillie2787 4 votes
Night
11%
fadedangel 1 vote
Other
44%
SkiveBubblesGoesBooPast UserLaine 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Other
    Afternoon myself either before dinner or after, I can't seem to do it when I've woken up or before bed 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    edited October 2018
    Morning
    I have a really weird relationship with showering. I used to be a strict evening showerer (partly because I worked in a takeaway and always ended up feeling gross after, and partly because that's just what I grew up doing), but having them in the mornings has had a really positive impact on my mental health. I feel so much fresher, cleaner, and more awake for a day at work.

All that being said, I do like the feeling of an evening shower too, so sometimes I'll have both but make them very short. There's something very relaxing about showering and getting into 'sleep mode'. Like washing away the day.

Converting to a morning showerer was definitely one of my better life choices. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Morning
    Morning becasue my hair is a nightmare and takes bloody ages to dry because it’s so thick  so if i wash it at night it’s a nightmare to brush in the morning and is normally still wet 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Other
    Both :lol:  partly a trauma thing but partly cause I like a shower in the morning but hate blow drying my hair so shower again at night to wash it and get the 'work feeling' off me haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Morning
    Used to be evening, but with work/school, I've had to change!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Other
    No option for both. I cycle 14 miles to work and have a shower and 14 miles back and have another.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Other
    @Skive that's dedication... I walk 3 minutes to work and complain :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''