Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #68

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for positivity challenge
Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is all about positivity. It can be hard to be positive, particularly when we're really struggling. However, positive thinking is something we can do to help us cope better. We've come up with some positive challenges you can do each day this week. I hope you enjoy this week's challenge :) 

Day 1 (Monday) 
Find a positive quote and post it below. Write these quotes out and put them up somewhere you can read them everyday. 

Day 2 (Tuesday) 
It can be hard not to focus on the negative things that have happened during the day. If you're feeling quite negative about today, try and turn those thoughts around and focus on one positive thing that's happened. Comment below something positive that's happened today.

Day 3 (Wednesday) 
Being kind and helping others can help you feel positive. Do a random act of kindness today. It could be anything from holding the door open, letting someone know you appreciate them or welcoming a newbie on the boards. Let us know something nice you've done for someone today.

Day 4 (Thursday) 
Write down three good things that have happened today or three good things in your life. 

Day 5 (Friday)  
Write a letter focusing on how far you've come, your strengths and everything you are proud of. Put it somewhere you can read it anytime you need help feeling positive about yourself. 

Day 6
 (Saturday)
Find a positive news article - the news if often filled with lots of negative news. Try and find a positive news article and share it below. 

Day 7 (Sunday) 
Do something that makes you feel relaxed and reflect on the positive from your week. 

I hope you enjoy taking part in this weeks challenge :) 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #68 6 votes

Autumn photo challenge
83% 5 votes
7 day writing challenge
16% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Don’t change for people to love you - Be yourself and the right people will love you 

and one that a local artist that use to work with out youth centre once said and it made me giggle is - Remeber to breathe  and the rest will be a breeze 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Here's a quote I found :) 

"You are amazing. You are brave. You are strong."
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    There are no limits to what you can accomplish, Except the limits you place on your own thinking. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    +1 character

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

Love this one! 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Today one of the little girls at placement came up to me and asked if I would help her draw a rainbow 🌈 on the whiteboard a and after we finished she gave me a hug and said thank you ☺️ 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Bit late but my positive from yesterday was that i got in the pool training. Even though i couldn't use my legs so had to do the whole session pull it felt so good to be training at least a little bit again. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I dyed my hair again to relax :lol: I'm purple again!

Some positives from my week are:
    1) I finally got my hair cut for the first time in like 2 years
    2) I have finished this round of therapy and move onto a different type on the 30th
    3) I made a phone call
    4) I've stayed out of hospital
    5) I've managed to drag myself out the house everyday this week :) 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited October 2018
    Thanks so much everyone for taking part in this challenge. It's been really nice reading through your quotes and positives of the week. 

@Millie2787 that's lovely to hear you helped that girl draw a rainbow. So sweet she thanked you and gave you a hug!

@Esme17 it's so great to hear you were able to take part in some of the training. I hope your foot is feeling a bit better. :) 

@Shaunie that's a lovely article you found. Such a useful app they've created :) 

@BubblesGoesBoo those are all such great positives, really well done for everything you've achieved this week :)