Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dyslexic Words List

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
edited September 2018 in General Chat
So, I have dyslexia and although my reading skill has always been fine by spelling is awful.
I find it really hard to remember certain spellings no matter how much I try or how often I write them down. Im going to list those words here in alphabetical order and I thought that If you also have words you hate spelling you can copy my list, add your own words into the alphabetical order and post the whole list in a comment. That way we can just scroll down to the most recent comment to see the full list.

Next time you or I have to write one of those pesky words down again, we can just look at the compiled list here rather than misspelling a word until Microsoft word stops giving us that dreaded red zig-zag. 

You can even add tips on how you remember those words, put the tip in brackets next to the word. :) 

A
Aisle
Anarchy
Archaic
B
C
Character
Comfortable  (Imagine someone saying "Come to Fort Able!", Com-fort-able)
Contemporary 
D
E
F
Favorite (Say it in a heavy London accent, "Pizza is my Fav', O' Rite'", O' rite' sounds like all right)
G
H
I
Ineffectual
J
K
L
M
Monarchy 
Museum (A confused Muse - Muse Um)
N
O
P
Phenomena 
Philosophy
Q
R
Resurgence
S
Simultaneous
Structure
T
Temporarily
Throat
Tongue
Tradtitional
U
Urges
Uncomfortable 
V
W
X
Y
Yacht
Z

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Onomatopoeia is another one i used to get confused with i rember the order of the last 3 letters by English Is Annoying 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I do think i have dyslexia(why do they give it such a hard name?!)

but some words still get me for sure.

the hardest is defo "definitely" (which is why i use defo when i don't have autocorrect haha)
    i just think of (deaf in italy) 

"Sausage" is another i just can't without googling haha.
    again i just think of (Saudi and sage)

its hard to figure out the ones i particularly struggle because i think as i write and that often leads to fast writing/typing so i either forget a word or some letters if its hard because my head hasn't got time to think haha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Dyspraxia bubbly continuity burgers just to name a few. I am fairly dyslexic ad well as having dyspraxia!!!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Im pretty sure i have dyslexia, but just never been tested. I dont even have auto correct on my phone cause sometimes it comes up with the completly wrong word aha. 

The words that annoy me the most is favorite and like  thats the first time ive spelt that right for ages and “definitely” is definitely one aswell. 

I just put random vowels in my words like “refresh” i write as “refreash” & get similar words wrong
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    Im pretty sure i have dyslexia, but just never been tested. I dont even have auto correct on my phone cause sometimes it comes up with the completly wrong word aha. 

The words that annoy me the most is favorite and like  thats the first time ive spelt that right for ages and “definitely” is definitely one aswell. 

I just put random vowels in my words like “refresh” i write as “refreash” & get similar words

yo@Shaunie education of any sort if you are find out who the Learing support manager/assistant  or SENCO and share your concerns with those and hopefully they mite be able to put some things in place for you 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.